Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned health systems in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients — the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures.
Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have a community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges and reflect that knowledge in their research. The Los Angeles area possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity that offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.
Cedars-Sinai has risen to a position of leadership in health innovations for neurological, cardiac, cancer, surgical and other treatments. Join us and bring your dedication and expertise to Cedars-Sinai.
Burns And Allen Research Institute/Academic Enterprise
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients — the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. Cedars-Sinai ranks among the nation's top nonuniversity hospitals for competitive research funding from the National Institutes of Health and currently has more than 900 active research projects.
Biomedical research and education are essential, integral components of our mission. We are
- Promoting biomedical research that is of the highest quality as judged by our peers;
- Translating research discoveries to improved patient care;
- Enabling access to leading-edge therapies and medical technologies in clinical trials
- Educating research and medical professionals.
To be successful in research and education, we recognize the need to:
- Be mindful of upholding academic freedom, promote research in targeted areas aligned with institutional goals;
- Provide faculty support and facilities to enable meritorious research programs within the limits of available resources;
- Encourage community support, and community education.
Our education programs span the range from research internship programs through staff development programs for nursing and beyond to graduate and post graduate programs. Learn more about our education programs:
- Graduate Medical Education
- Graduate Research Education
- Continuing Medical Education
- PhD Program
- Clinical Laboratory Training Programs
- Regularly Scheduled Series
- Women's Guild Simulation Center
- Medical Library
- Campus Life
- Research Internship Program
Cedars-Sinai has nine research clusters, faculty-driven research groups composed of laboratories with shared interests and expertise with the goal of enhancing efforts to promote career development and oversight. Faculty cluster leaders have been selected based on familiarity with the focus of each cluster and a history of successful research and mentoring.
- Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics Research Cluster
- Hematopoietic and Epithelial Cell Biology Research Cluster
- Metabolism/Endocrinology Research Cluster
- Neuroscience Research Cluster
- Immunology Research Cluster
- Cancer Research Cluster
- Lung Research Cluster
- Heart Research Cluster
- Imaging Research Cluster
Learn about how Cedars-Sinai researchers developed the first ever test for IBS.