New-Graduate Registered Nurse Residency Program
Cedars-Sinai has a proud tradition of excellence in nursing and we’re proud to share this with the next generation of nurses. Joining our program for new nurses will expose you to a variety of clinical experiences on medical and surgical units. Our program will expand your opportunities for hands-on clinical practice while allowing you to gain valuable experience and enhancing your decision-making and critical thinking skills. Strong peer support, educational opportunities, and one-to-one collaboration with an experienced preceptor will help you build a foundation of nursing excellence.
We have several new-graduate nurse programs per year; shortly before each cohort, we'll post positions on this career site. Please apply to the appropriate position and make sure you will have your California Registered Nurse license before the program begins.
Setup a Job Alert now to be notified about the openings as soon as they are posted.
- Fall 2022 Cohort – October 24, 2022
Apply on Aug. 8, 2022
Interview events on Sept. 14 and 15, 2022
License needed before Aug. 8, 2022
We will stop accepting applications after we have reached approximately 200 completed applications that meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Please set-up a job alert that will notify you when we post the position.
Our Program Guidelines
The New-Graduate Registered Nurse (RN) Residency Program is a full-time employment opportunity. The program lasts approximately one year and consists of 13 didactic and interactive workshops spread throughout the year. Also integrated into this program are eight weeks (24 shifts) of precepted clinical orientation. You will be supported by unit leadership, educators and advanced practice nurses during your time in the program.
As a member of the program, you will complete one week of general hospital introduction, new employee orientation and training on the electronic medical record system. The following week introduces nurse resident to the New-Graduate RN Residency Program.
On the third week, you will begin your 8-week (24 shifts) precepted clinical orientation on a medical/surgical unit. The new-graduate nurse will work the same schedule as their preceptor, with efforts made to accommodate their desired shift as much as possible. After this, you will be placed in a permanent assignment on a medical/surgical nursing unit. Workshops will continue throughout the year in which you will receive a combination of didactic learning, hands-on skills training, simulated experiences, group work/projects, support rounds, and group discussion. The new-graduate nurse will be eligible to apply for transfer to specialty internships or other divisions after completion of the residency program and one year of experience in their residency unit.
Requirements to qualify for the New Graduate Nurses Program:
- You must have a current and active California registered nurse license before the application date.
- You must have less than nine months paid registered nurse experience on the application date.
- You must have a 3.0 nursing GPA or above.
- External applicants must have at least a BSN Degree from an accredited program (CCNE – Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, ACS WASC – Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and College, or ACEN – American Commission for Nursing Education) obtained in the United States.
- You must have completed your nursing program within the last 12 months by the application date.
- You need a current and active life support certification for healthcare providers (BLS and/or ACLS) as required by the specialty unit from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
A complete application will include:
- An online application with your resume and personal statement.
- The personal statement should include: why you selected nursing as a profession, what being a nurse means to you and what you will bring to the profession of nursing at Cedars-Sinai. This is your opportunity to help us get to know you beyond what is on your resume. The personal statement should not exceed two pages.
- When applying online please also include:
- Copies of your unofficial academic transcripts,
- a copy of your nursing degree or diploma,
- Two letters of recommendation,
- A description of any volunteer service you’ve performed, and
- Copies of your California Registered Nurse license and certifications.
- We can only consider applications that have all of the above included. If your application is incomplete, we will not consider it.
- Registered Nurse - Surgical, Trauma, Transplant ICU - 5SCCT - 12-Hour Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive! Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses Los Angeles, California
- Registered Nurse - Surgical Intensive Care Unit Internship - 5SCCT - 12-Hour Nights Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses Los Angeles, California
- Registered Nurse III - Transplant Infusion 8HR Days Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses Los Angeles, California
- Registered Nurse - Cardiac Open Heart Operating Room - 12-Hour Full Time Days - $10,000 Hiring Incentive! Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses Los Angeles, California
- Registered Nurse - Post Partum - 12 Hours Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive! Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses Los Angeles, California