Burns And Allen Research Institute/Academic Enterprise
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients — the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. Cedars-Sinai ranks among the nation's top nonuniversity hospitals for competitive research funding from the National Institutes of Health and currently has more than 900 active research projects.
Biomedical research and education are essential, integral components of our mission. We are
- Promoting biomedical research that is of the highest quality as judged by our peers;
- Translating research discoveries to improved patient care;
- Enabling access to leading-edge therapies and medical technologies in clinical trials
- Educating research and medical professionals.
To be successful in research and education, we recognize the need to:
- Be mindful of upholding academic freedom, promote research in targeted areas aligned with institutional goals;
- Provide faculty support and facilities to enable meritorious research programs within the limits of available resources;
- Encourage community support, and community education.
Our education programs span the range from research internship programs through staff development programs for nursing and beyond to graduate and post graduate programs. Learn more about our education programs: