Senior Programmer Analyst - Hybrid
West Hollywood, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0909281
Responsible for application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle: conception, design, testing, production, and maintenance. Analyses, designs, and builds applications using standard application design patterns and systematic approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications. Performs hands-on development, mentors junior developers, and assists in architecting solutions. Serves as liaison to internal customers, research groups, and various business support areas.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst works under the joint direction of the Cedars-Sinai Cancer (CSC) Research Manager(s), Associate Director, and/or Executive Director of Research Administration to lead the development and maintenance of information systems and software, databases, and other tools to deliver high-quality data for a wide range of external and internal reports, planning and evaluation activities, grant applications, and other research and programmatic activities to the CSC Director, senior leaders, program leaders, and other key stakeholders in CSC’s efforts to make informed data-driven decisions. The Senior Programmer/Analyst works with junior-level programmer/analysts to collect, organize, and report on CSC data, including but not limited to CSC members’ grants, publications, clinical trials, trainees, program outcomes, and pilot awards. The Senior Programmer/Analyst guides CSC Director, senior leaders, program leaders, research administration and other key stakeholders on topics relating to business and operational requirements for information systems and software, databases, reports, standard operating procedures, and workable IT and administrative solutions. The Senior Programmer/Analyst ensures compliance with NCI and other federally regulated tracking and metrics reporting requirements.
- Ensures quality assurance of data. Manages the delivery of high-quality data, data abstraction from multiple databases
- Works with CSC Administration, Senior Leadership, CRTEC, and other key stakeholders to formalize analysis plans and reporting specifications
- Develops, refines, and maintains databases, analytics, dashboards, and reports using available reporting tools (e.g., SQL/JasperSoft) and NCI required templates, for a wide range of external and internal reports, Cancer Center program meetings and retreats, grant applications, and other research related activities; metrics and analytics include but are not limited to: CSC membership, funding data for all prior and currently active cancer-related research grants and contracts for members and trainees, peer-reviewed publications for members and trainees, current education or career outcomes status for trainees longitudinal collection of the data described above for trainees, etc.
- Works with both internal and external offices (e.g., Office of Research Administration, CSC Central Office of Pre- and Post-Award Administration, Technology and Innovations Office, EIS, etc.) as well as utilizes professional networking and social medial tools (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) to obtain information needed to collect data and prepare metrics and reports for CSC Administration, Leadership, Cancer Research Training and Education Coordination (CRTEC), and other CSC stakeholders
- Guides CSC Administration and Leadership in the development and maintenance of tracking mechanisms and identifying new sources for information elements that will increase the value of the data maintained by the Cancer Center
- Analyzes business rules, process requirements, and federally-mandated regulations to provide feedback on updating current software systems
- Monitors and optimizes performance of the databases; plans for backup and recovery of database information and establishes guidelines for archiving data and maintaining archived data
- Utilizes professional networking and social media tools (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter) with trainees and alumni, and provide science communication support for public dissemination of CSC and CRTEC activities and opportunities
- Ensures all CCSG data tables and reports meet NCI P30 (CCSG) guidelines
- Ensures all materials submitted to NCI, NIH, and other peer-reviewed funding agencies are accurate, appropriately formatted, and timely
- Guides CSC Administration, CRTEC, and other CSC related offices in the development of materials requested by the NCI and other funding agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline required. (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience managing application design, software development, and maintenance.
- At least 5+ years related experience in a complex, multiplatform environment.
- Demonstrated experience using various programming and scripting languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational data modeling techniques.
- Understanding of Unified Modeling Language tools and how they are applied to OO design.
- Expertise with Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Expertise in system performance tuning.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Proven troubleshooting skills; meticulous with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player.
- Lifting, Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crouching, handling, grasping, hearing, talking. The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions. Must be able to perform assigned duties in a demanding work environment.
- Working Title: Senior Programmer Analyst - Hybrid
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.