Program Manager, Education and Training - Cancer Institute (Senior Research Project Advisor)
West Hollywood, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Program Manager, Education and Training - Cancer Institute (Senior Research Project Advisor) at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0836218A
An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing extraordinary healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that’s what we’re delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service.
The Senior Education Specialist works independently and in collaboration with the Associate Director for Education and Training and members of Cedars-Sinai Cancer, as well as the Associate Director, Academic Research Manager, and Program Administrators in the cancer center’s research administration office to make significant and creative contributions and to provide administrative and programmatic support to Cancer Research Training and Education Coordination (CRTEC), including federally funded T32s, initiatives, and activities. Responsible for planning, implementing and administering cancer research education and training activities to train.
Plays a significant role in the strategic planning, design, development and implementation of education and training program objectives, procedures, processes and standards. Acts as Cedars-Sinai Cancer’s liaison with potential funding agencies to seek opportunities for educational initiatives and programs and as a liaison with other programs to maximize synergistic interactions and will continue to nurture collaborative ties with institutions in Southern California. May supervise staff as it relates to the overall management of education and training activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a senior advisor to the Associate Director for Education and Training for Cancer Research Training and Education Coordination Program.
- Cedars-Sinai Cancer Responsible for managing existing programs and launching new programs. Cedars-Sinai Cancer Responsible for the implementation of the programs in line with the CRTEC strategic plan. Routinely monitor progress, identify issues, and provide recommendations for long-term strategic planning for departmental initiatives, inclusive of resources and feasibility analysis.
- Cedars-Sinai Cancer Support and work with Cedars-Sinai Cancer CRTEC’s leadership team to advance the group’s mission.
- Cedars-Sinai Cancer Develops and tracks relevant metrics for CRTEC courses, programs, and educational activities as well as validates and helps set short term and long-term goals and outcomes for these programs and activities.
- Connecting Cedars-Sinai Cancer with surrounding academic institutions (local high schools, CSUs, UCs) for partnerships and collaborations. Cedars-Sinai Cancer Serves as key resource in support of program directors of Masters, certificate programs, and other CRTEC programs and initiatives. Cedars-Sinai Cancer Develop surveys and tracking productivity of programs and participants.
- Cedars-Sinai Cancer Writes grants to fund program, or works with faculty, researchers and/or staff to develop proposals. Helps identify funding opportunities. Cedars-Sinai Cancer Plans and develops program objectives and content.
- Researches and identifies trends and needs and establishes program directions accordingly. Assesses quality of program operations. Modifies existing program services or creates new program offerings to maintain or enhance program standing.
- Develops curricula and course materials and coordinates faculty engagement and involvement in program courses. Links program with other relevant departments on or off campus as necessary.
We are always looking to grow our teams with talented people, just like you. That’s why, this position is eligible for our Employee Referral Bonus Program. Refer qualified candidates today!
- Masters Degree required
- Ten (10) years minimum of experience in directly related field
- Working Title: Program Manager, Education and Training - Cancer Institute (Senior Research Project Advisor)
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Academic/Research Services
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.