Senior Project Manager (Research Project Administrator) - Cancer Institute (Hybrid)
West Hollywood, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Senior Project Manager (Research Project Administrator) - Cancer Institute (Hybrid) at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0665607B
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. We are one of the leading institutes for competitive research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research with discoveries occurring in 26 departments and institutes that encompass the full spectrum of medicine.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of care we strive for.
The Senior Project Manager works with the Principal Investigator or Department Head to coordinate all aspects of supporting research projects. This will include development of infrastructure, overseeing staff, quality assurance, and coordination of grant activities and grant proposals. Administrator will identify improvement areas, prepare policies, train staff, and audit procedures. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies.
The Senior Project Manager works under the joint direction of the Cedars-Sinai Cancer (CSC) Research Manager(s), Associate Director, and/or Executive Director of Research Administration to manage projects that deliver high-quality information for a wide range of external and internal reports, planning and evaluation activities, grant applications, and other research and programmatic activities to the CSC Director, senior leaders, program leaders, and other key stakeholders.
The Senior Project Manager works with CSC staff to collect, organize, and report on CSC, including but not limited to CSC members’ grants, publications, clinical trials, trainees, program outcomes, and pilot awards. The Research Program Administrator supports the CSC Director, senior leaders, program leaders, research administration and other key stakeholders on topics relating to business and operational processes. The Research Program Adminisrtator ensures compliance with NCI and other federally regulated reporting requirements.
What will you be doing:
- Works with the Research Manager, Associate Director, and/or Executive Director to ensure timely execution of CSC Research Administration’s programmatic initiatives and activities utilizing project management techniques to monitor action items and their timely completion
- Coordinates with EIS to provide oversight of administrative and project management support for implementation of software related to CCSG metrics and other reporting activities (e.g., publications, grants, patents, trainees, program evaluations, etc.)
- Coordinates with Marketing and Communications to provide oversight of administrative and project management support for developing and updating marketing materials, communications, and websites
- Works with Research manager, Associate Director, and/or Executive Director as well as CSC Senior Leadership and Program Leaders to develop and employ surveys to obtain member feedback and satisfaction
- May develop training programs and tools to develop Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) knowledge and awareness for leadership, members, and staff
- Monitors progress toward completion of assigned tasks. Ensures that reports and recommendations are submitted in a timely manner. Follows up with implementation as appropriate.
- Serves as key resource for project information. Interfaces with faculty, staff, and/or external contacts necessary to complete assignments. Resolves problems and/or questions referred by project staff or administrators.
- Maintains currency with relevant technology, standards and best practices. Identifies and implements innovations to streamline, automate or improve existing program management processes.
- Facilitates task management and tracking both during and outside of meetings. Manages expectations, sets appropriate deadlines and ensures the timely completion of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by management.
We are always looking to grow our teams with talented people, just like you. That’s why, this position is eligible for our Employee Referral Bonus Program. Refer qualified candidates today!
- Bachelor's Degree required. MS and PhD preferred
- 5+ years directly related experience
- Certification In Project Management preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player.
- Creative and organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilitize time effectively.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills
- Working Title: Senior Project Manager (Research Project Administrator) - Cancer Institute (Hybrid)
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Academic/Research Services
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.