- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Grant Specialist II - SOCCIRequisition # 20001431A Apply Now
The Research Grant Specialist works with principal investigator to complete and submit federal and non- federal grants and serves as the liaison between department or research groups and sponsored research funds administration, accounting, and finance departments. This role generally performs all Pre- and Post- award administrative functions, including, but not limited to, ensuring internal documents are prepared and routed for signature and processing, monitoring grant accounts, tracking all expenses, providing grant and financial reconciliation, and research-related financial reporting. Ensures compliance with all internal policies, federal and local agency requirements including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
In addition, the Research Grant Specialist II will be responsible for the following:
- Monitors Time & Effort for accurate reporting and performs necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests.
- Responsible for grant close out.
- Identifies opportunities for research funding opportunities.
- May negotiate budgets for clinical trials.
- May assist with research participant billing.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three to five years (3-5 years) minimum experience in administration of research grants, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Five (5) years of related experience, with increasing responsibility preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and solid understanding of federal and major funding agency grant submission guidelines.
- Experience working with multi-PI proposals.
- Experience with preparation of general grant submission components, including the preparation of progress and financial reports.
- Experience with preparation of scientific manuscripts and abstracts.
- Proficiency with eRA commons, grants.gov, NIH RePORTER, Federal Reporter, and other related proposal submission systems.
- Experience in a basic laboratory environment or a sponsored research office strongly preferred.
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist II - SOCCI
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map