- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Research Bioinformatician III - Cedars-Sinai Cancer Bioinformatics CoreRequisition # 20003091 Apply Now
The Cedars-Sinai Cancer Bioinformatics Core is looking for a talented candidate who is going to serve as a Research Bioinformatician III. This core will provide state-of-the-art bioinformatics services and consulting, proposing the best practice of existing computational pipelines, mathematical modeling, statistical analysis methods, and machine learning approaches.
Research Bioinformatician III will collaborate with biomedical investigators in implementaing and designing studies. Major responsibilities are in solving complex computational and mathematical problems as they relate to interpreting biological data; independently designing and developing computational, mathematical, and statistical methods to analyze biological data and facilitate the interpretation of analysis results. Research Bioinformatician III will also work with bioinformatics faculties to determine future bioinformatics needs, and helps to develop tools and pipelines as necessary to keep pace with rapid advances in various omics technologies.
Lead designing and implementing multi-omics research projects and mainly responsible for data analysis including sequence alignment, peptide database search, polymorphism identification, pathway/gene-set enrichment analysis, pattern recognition, identification of biomarker/regulator candidates, data integration and deconvolution, and network modeling.
- Summarizes and visualizes data analyses results in the form suitable as the basis for the first draft of written reports, and makes preliminary interpretations of the data.
- Develop, test, and maintain omics data analysis pipelines for high-throughput sequencing data, mass-based proteomics and metabolomics data, and mullti-modal single cell omics data.
- Manages data including loading and querying data from database systems, downloading omic data from public repositories, and transforming data to the necessary formats.
- Familiar with medical and biological terminologies, bioinformatics resources, and national biological databases, Ready to provide solutions for investigator’s problems through data mining and extraction.
- Identify, evaluate, and incorporate relevant algorithms and software pipelines by reviewing pertinent literatures in bioinformatics and computational biology
- Assists or collaborate in preparation of grant proposals, publications, and presentations involving omic data
- Educate others about bioinformatics through mentoring of and teaching colleagues, investigators, fellows, and graduate students.
Education Requirement:Master of Science Degree in Biology, Computer Science, Electric Engineering, Computational biology, or Bioinformatics, or Master of Science/ Engineering in relevant fields (e.g. Biology with strong quantitative training, biostatistics with concentration in bioinformatics), Required
PhD in Systems Biology, Computer Science, Computational Biology, or a directly related field of research specialization, Preferred
- 7 years in research environment
- Background and work knowledge in algorithms, scientific computing, and machine learning or statistics
- Familiar with C/C++, Java, Perl, python, R, and the Unix (Linux) environment
- Experiences in manipulating, analyzing, and annotating genomic (e.g. NGS) and proteomics data sets both in exploratory and pipelined fashions
- Working Title: Research Bioinformatician III - Cedars-Sinai Cancer Bioinformatics Core
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Bioinformatics
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map