Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Work alongside physician-scientists and researchers who are making life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Our team of researchers develop some of the most advanced clinical trials in the world. Here, you will be a part of leading-edge cancer research history that improves and enhances our patients' treatment options, one trial at a time.
The Research Admin Services Associate (RASA) works under the general supervision of the Research Director; Research Manager; and the Research Operations Associate of the assigned research area. Performs data analysis and provides reports pertaining to the budgetary and fiscal management of research programs. Coordinates unit's academic activities pertaining to business development, community relations, and grant management. Provides supervision to and management of administrative and research staff. Works with Program Managers, or equivalent, to develop and execute logistical tasks and responsibilities related to the planning and implementation of efficient, cost effective, and well-planned initiatives from concept to completion and reconciliation. Responsible for programmatic and administrative process management. Acts as a resource for clients, service providers and other staff with regard to guidelines, procedures, and processes. Serves as a liaison to internal departments and external philanthropic and academic organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with Principal Investigators and senior laboratory staff, position may be responsible for facilitation of business processes, project and/or program management, on-going monitoring of compliance with CSMC and research institute requirements, and/or budgetary and fiscal management of research programs within assigned area.
- Connects project or program objectives to broader organizational goals.
- Understands project or program scope and specifications. Responsible for assisting with different aspects of project execution (including managing logistics, establishing timelines, analyzing and reporting on performance metrics, monitoring deliverables, producing program materials, etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge of coordination including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing processes. Monitors performance and recommends changes to scope, schedule and cost management in order to align with business goals.
- Resource to stakeholders and team members to ensure successful outcomes; may also provide training and/or education.
- May work in close collaboration with Directors, Managers, and Principal Investigators on budgetary and fiscal management for all programs within assigned area, including creating and maintaining budgets for research programs.
- May work with Principal Investigator to complete and submit federal and non-federal grants, including contributing content to standard sections of grant applications. May work as the liaison between department or research group and sponsored research funds administration, accounting, and finance departments.
- May perform all Pre and Post grant award administrative functions. Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; works to build broad-based support to influence important outcomes and gain collective buy-in.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals; recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models and suggests solutions to immediate and long-term challenges. Liaison for Research Director and manager to SRFA, HR, PI or other work units.
- Develops and implements procedures for office management and compliance with CSMC administrative regulations and requirements.
- Assists leadership on projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of directly related experience.
- Two to three years of experience in a research environment
- Working Title: Research Admin Services Associate
- Department: Research Center Health Equity
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic / Research, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Part-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later