- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Process Development Scientist - Stem Cell BiomanufacturingRequisition # 20002544A Apply Now
With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
The Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center (CBC) is a state-of-the art facility that comprises of a cGMP cell manufacturing facility housing multiple cleanroom cell production suites and process development rooms for producing the next generation of cell and gene therapies. These new therapies will be used for human IND-enabling clinical trials. With world class expertise in stem cell (iPSC) biology, bioprocessing, translational, regulatory and manufacturing, Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and treat disease.
To learn more about the CBC, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/areas/biomanufacturing/about.html
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
As a Process Development Scientist, provide scientific and technique leadership in the development and optimization of the cellular production process in the regenerative medicine field at various scales ranging from research and development (R&D) to current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) for Phase I & II trials. Be a leader and perform technology transfer of research lab cellular rand gene therapy manufacturing processes and converts them to c-GMP compatible processes with appropriate scale up or scale out. Provide guidance and apply intricate knowledge of allogeneic processes where significant scale-up is required as well as patient-specific cell therapies (autologous) for process scalability, where the manufacturing process must be scaled-out. Your responsibility is to ensure that the desired quality and target product profile of the cell is maintained through the entire manufacturing process, including the harvest, downstream processing, and delivery while also ensuring the preservation of cellular quality which is critical to off-the-shelf cell therapies and will require the development of scalable operations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reading literature and creating innovative methods and intellectual property for developing GMP-compatible processes for cellular therapies, especially related to Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) and their differentiated derivatives
- Utilizes strong laboratory skill sets to design and execute experiments with a focus on process establishment and robustness, assay development, interpret data, write technical reports, and SOPs
- Work with R&D, cGMP manufacturing, and quality control (QC) teams for technology transfer of established production process as well as on-site support to cGMP manufacturing production campaigns
- Provides leadership for supervising associates and ensures the compliance of the facility's standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies which incorporate both internal and external (i.e. FDA) regulatory standards.
- Advises and ensures all optimization processes are properly designed and controlled with appropriate testing plans
- Provides guidance and cGMP expertise to associates to conduct necessary approaches for mentoring and the success of projects
- Develops new products and processes related to cellular based therapies
- Performs analysis and optimizes performance of manufacturing systems and improves efficiency of manufactured products
- Writes standard operating procedures (SOPs) and reports for developed processes
- Prepares and presents the development process to internal teams and external clients
- Collects data, prepares and participates in writing manuscript for publication
- Provides scientific and technical knowledge to establishment process development and optimization
- Designs and executes experiments, conducts assay development, interprets data, writes technique reports, and generates SOPs
- Communicates with multiple teams, R&D, manufacturing, and QC teams for technology transfer
Education we are looking for:
Masters Degree in Biology or Life Sciences related field, required
PhD in Biology or Life Sciences related field, preferred
Process Development in a GMP setting experience required with:
5 years of experience for PhD's
8 years of experience for Masters
- Working Title: Process Development Scientist - Stem Cell Biomanufacturing
- Department: CS Biomanufacturing Facility
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Biomanufacturing
- Job Specialty: Biomanufacturing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map