At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others!
We look forward to having you join our team!
This exciting postdoctoral opportunity will provide rigorous training in intermittent fasting, colorectal cancer and clinical trial implementation and evaluation. The postdoc position will involve coordination of an innovative NCI-funded trial testing whether time-restricted eating (TRE; 8-hour eating/16-hour fasting) improves treatment-related toxicity, patient-reported adverse events and quality of life, and tumor regression among rectal cancer patients compared to control (>12-hour eating). The trial further explores underlying molecular mechanisms and moderators of treatment outcomes. The postdoctoral fellow will report to highly collegial and experienced faculty members. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work with numerous other faculty members across a variety of disciplines, including psychology, cancer epidemiology, obesity and diabetes behavioral interventions and biostatistics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead or assist with analysis and development of grant proposals, manuscripts, abstracts, and professional presentations
- Coordinate study-related activities including monitoring of research plan, timeline, reporting requirements and quality assurance.
- Assist with the development of study protocol and procedural documents.
- Coordinate investigative team meetings and serve as the liaison between investigators and clinical sites.
- Develop study database and oversee data quality.
- Coordinate research interns providing support to project functions as needed.
- Conducting in-person or remote assessments with the help of research interns.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Works independently on research projects crafted by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist
- Department: Research Center Health Equity
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic / Research, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later