Principal Investigator, Christie Jeon is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team! When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Program of Cancer Prevention and Control is seeking a post-doctoral fellow with training in epidemiology and interest in prevention and control of gastrointestinal cancers. Recent efforts in our lab have focused on three areas:
- Understanding risks and risk factors of pancreatic cancer;
- Health behaviors related to pancreatitis and
- Early detection of gastric cancer. This individual would join the Cancer Prevention and Control Program at the Cedars-Sinai Cancer Institute. We seek highly motivated individuals interest in robust preparation for careers as independent investigators engaged in cancer epidemiological research that incorporates molecular approaches with environmental, behavioral and lifestyle factors to study disease risk, and outcomes. The post-doctoral fellow will receive training in grantsmanship and encouraged to submit grants and first-authored publications. This position is available immediately, and supports two to three years of mentored postdoctoral training.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the P.I.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skillset:
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment. Demonstrated aptitude to perform data analysis, reporting of results and literature search
- Maintains database for ongoing research studies requiring primary data collection on health behaviors
- Conducts interviews about health behaviors and perspectives on cancer screening
- Conducts analysis of existing datasets to evaluate risks and risk factors of pancreatic or gastric cancer
- Fluency in Korean or Vietnamese preferred to be able to conduct qualitative interviews in populations at risk for gastric cancer
- Prior experience drafting peer-reviewed manuscripts as first author preferred
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties required for the position.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Jeon Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later