Postdoctoral Scientist - Cancer Prevention and Research
West Hollywood, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Postdoctoral Scientist - Cancer Prevention and Research at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0570719A
Principal Investigator, Dr. Christie Jeon is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team! This individual would join the Cancer Prevention and Control Program at the Cedars-Sinai Cancer Institute. We seek highly motivated individuals interest in robust preparation for careers as independent investigators engaged in cancer epidemiological research that incorporates molecular approaches with environmental, behavioral and lifestyle factors to study disease risk, and outcomes.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Program of Cancer Prevention and Control is seeking a post-doctoral fellow with training in epidemiology and interest in prevention and control of gastrointestinal cancers. Recent efforts in our lab have focused on three areas:
- Understanding risks and risk factors of pancreatic cancer
- Health behaviors that cause pancreatitis
- Early detection strategy for gastric cancer
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Conducts interviews about healthcare access or health behaviors
- Educational Requirements:
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skillset:
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment. Demonstrated aptitude to perform data analysis, reporting of results and literature search
- Maintains database for ongoing research studies requiring primary data collection on health behaviors
- Conducts analysis of existing datasets to evaluate risks and risk factors of pancreatic or gastric cancer
- Prior experience drafting peer-reviewed manuscripts as first author preferred
- Experience with statistical software: R, SAS, or STATA
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Cancer Prevention and Research
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.