Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We provide an outstanding benefits package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Exercise Physiologist in the Nuclear Medicine stress lab assists in the performance of cardiac stress testing. Must have technical cardiac evaluation skills to include, but not limited to, EKG monitoring for stress, performing preliminary interpretation to both rest and stress electrocardiograms, and performing quality control of all data associated with stress testing and submission of results for final interpretation. Works under general supervision. Demonstrates knowledge and competency including but not limited to: performing treadmill, bicycle, and pharmacological stress testing including EKG preparation and obtaining accurate blood pressures. Demonstrates the ability to recognize serious arrhythmias and ST segment abnormalities and responds with appropriate action. Is aware of the contraindications of testing. Recognizes malfunctioning equipment and performs minor troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for EKG monitoring for stress testing, including proper skin preparation and electrode placement.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing treadmill, bicycle, and pharmacological stress testing, and obtaining accurate blood pressures.
- Assists physicians, technologists, and nursing staff in performing exercise and pharmacological stress testing.
- Recognizes serious arrhythmias and ST segment abnormalities, and responds with appropriate action. Demonstrates awareness of the contraindications of testing.
- Performs preliminary interpretation to both rest and stress electrocardiograms, performs quality control of all data associated with stress testing, and submits results for final interpretation.
- Recognizes malfunctioning equipment and performs minor troubleshooting. Notifies supervisor of malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Enters data into treadmill systems and Nuclear Cardiology computer system.
- Participates in research protocols as directed.
- Completes all required departmental documentation related to the performance of duties within required timeframes.
- Utilizes RIS system as assigned and directed.
- Performs all duties in a positive manner.
- Actively participates in ongoing performance improvements projects specific to the stress lab.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology
- 1 year experience preferred
- Working Title: Exercise Physiologist Per Diem
- Department: Research Center Health Equity
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Family & Function, Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Therapy/Rehab
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later