- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Clinical Research Associate I - Per Diem- Cancer Research Center for Health EquityRequisition # HRC0434301 Apply Now
The Clinical Research Associate I works directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, or Research Nurse to coordinate and/or implement the study. This role evaluates and abstracts research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives. Position is responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB. Provides limited patient contact as needed for study and assist with study budget and patient research billing. This role will comply with all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator or Research Nurse to coordinate/implement study.
- Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source documents.
- Ensures compliance with protocol and overall clinical research objectives.
- Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
- Provides supervised patient contact or patient contact for long term follow-up patients only.
- Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and works closely with supervising research staff or directly with the Institutional Review Board to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- Assists with clinical trial budgets.
- Assists with patient research billing.
- Schedules patients for research visits and research procedures.
- Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
BA/BS degree, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- Experience working with Health Equity Research, preferred.
- May be responsible for the pick-up and delivery of clinical research-related items such as medications.
- Assist with Database management and date entry.
- Assist with bio-specimen handling and management.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Associate I - Per Diem- Cancer Research Center for Health Equity
- Department: Research Center Health Equity
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map