The California Precision Medicine Consortium (CaPMC) is part of the national All of Us Precision Medicine Research Program which seeks to enroll 1 million participants living in the United States to contribute their health data for research. This national study will provide researchers and scientists access to bio specimens, genetic data, medical records, and person-generated health data to advance precision medicine in the U.S. CaPMC includes UC Davis, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, UC San Francisco, USC, and Cedars Sinai. Clinical Research Associates for this research program will work with the research team to review communication materials and implement social media strategies to advance public understanding of precision medicine and the All of Us research program!
Do you want to grow in your professional career? Join our team and grow your experience!
The Clinical Research Associate I works directly with the research team to coordinate and/or implement the study. They will analyze research data and ensure compliance with protocol and research objectives. The CRA I will assist with entering data and help with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Essential Job Duties
- Collaborates with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator or Research Nurse to coordinate/implement study.
- Evaluates and abstracts data from source documents.
- Confirms protocol compliance and clinical research objectives.
- Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Enters data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
- Provides supervised patient contact or patient contact for long term follow-up patients only.
- Assists with submissions to the IRB and works closely with managing research staff or directly with the IRB to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- Assists with clinical trial budgets.
- Assists with patient research billing.
- Schedules patients for research visits and research procedures.
- Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local IRB.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
Department Specific Duties
- Works primarily with the engagement lead, project lead, and study coordinators to assist the engagement team.
- May work remotely, on campus, and occasionally be asked to work off-site at events (under the supervision of study lead and/or study coordinators).
- Participates weekly check-ins and team meetings.
- Assist team with planning and implementation of social media strategies.
- Interact with participants by answering and returning telephone calls.
- Answer participant questions and provide information regarding the study, explaining procedures, and consent process.
- Interact with online users and triage online comments to appropriate personnel.
- Report issues or concerns to engagement/study leads as they arise and maintain good communication with team.
- Assist with other engagement and recruitment activities, as appropriate, to improve visibility and awareness for the program.
- May lead all aspects of the pick-up and delivery of clinical research-related items such as bio specimens.
- Associate Degree or College Diploma, required.
- BA/BS degree, preferred.
- Practical understanding of social media platforms.
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Associate I Per Diem - All of Us Research Program
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later