- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Biostatistician III - Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research CenterRequisition # 20001998 Apply Now
The Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is committed towards excellence in biomedical research, education and training of physicians and health care professionals with the ultimate goal of improving the health status in our community. Andre' Rogatko, PhD is the Director and Mourad Tighiouart, PhD is the Associate Director of the Research Center. To learn more about the Research Center follow link here: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/areas/biostatistics-bioinformatics.html.
Pursue excellence in research and education with our team.
The Biostatistician III consults with and provides statistical services to Principal Investigators, Research Scientists, Research Nurses, and other related research staff, and applies biostatistics to complex research projects. Applies theoretical knowledge to solve unusual or complex problems. Develops and implements a variety of complex biostatistics applications. Interacts with research scientists, database manager, study coordinators and data entry clerks in analyzing results, interpreting biostatistical findings, collecting and gathering information for formulating programs. Statistical analysis and statistical and programming support of medical research area. Analysis of medical research data, meeting with the investigator, defining the scope of work and making a time estimate for the work, development of an analysis plan, implementation of appropriate statistical methods using statistical software, reporting and interpretation of findings, review of study design, and sample size and power determinations. Statistical services include data management, data analysis, and may include database design. Serves as statistical consultant to the Institutional Review Board.
In addition the Biostatistician III will also be responsible for:
- Interacts with investigators translating scientific questions into meaningful statistically testable hypotheses. Defines the scope of work and proposes an analytical plan with a time estimate for its completion.
- Provides statistical expertise in the design of complex experiments and studies, including research proposal development, sample size determination, randomization procedures, and plans for interim reviews and final analysis. Recommends appropriate statistical analyses for clinical outcomes and research questions.
- Provides a variety of complex statistical analysis for projects using appropriate statistical and computing methodologies, and assist in the interpretation and presentation of results.
- Summarizes and interprets analysis findings for written reports and participates in writing statistical sections of manuscripts, publications, presentations, grant applications and protocols. Ensures documentation and summarization of the statistical analysis results are clear, consistent and in an organized fashion.
- Provides ex officio service on Institutional Review Board (IRB) committees and review of IRB submissions for acceptability of sample size justifications.
- Provides monthly statistical review for all projects submitted to the General Clinical Research Center Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Reviews the integrity and statistical soundness of all studies involving human subjects or animals, by participating and advising Research Review Committees, Institutional Review Boards and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees.
- Interacts and collaborates with the Clinical Research Office in the development of protocols, and the monitoring and reporting of clinical data.
- Critically reviews and summarizes methods described in statistical literature. Implements methods described in the statistical literature into operational computer applications using appropriate programming languages.
- Participates in professional meetings to assure positive representation at local, national and international levels.
- Educates others about biostatistics and bioinformatics through mentoring of and teaching colleagues, investigators, fellows, and graduate students. Be capable of organizing and teaching formal biostatistics courses, inter-disciplinary courses, continuing education courses, and seminars.
- Interacts with investigators and database architects in the development of complex research databases by providing statistical expertise.
- May provide advice on the design of questionnaires and the design and management of databases, design of questionnaires to ease data entry, designing of data screens, documentation, data formats, data dictionary, custom data entry checks, or custom programming services.
- May construct, clean or manage databases, or coordinate with internal or external collaborators to obtain data from multiple sources. May process data from one database into another dataset program, writing programs to manage and prepare data for statistical analyses, or writing programs to perform statistical procedures.
Know someone that would make a great addition at Cedars-Sinai Cancer? This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals
Master's Degree in Biostatistics, bioinformatics, or relevant field such as genetics or epidemiology, REQUIRED
Five (5) years of experience in a specific research field. Thorough and advanced knowledge of biostatistics applied to research. Thorough knowledge of biostatistics computer programs and databases such as SAS, Stat, and Microsoft Access, REQUIRED
Minimum of three (3) years in programming, analyzing and database management in a research environment. Thorough knowledge of database and biostatistical computer programs, such as Excel, SAS, SPSS, S-Plus, STATA, SYSTAT, and Mplus, REQUIRED
- Working Title: Biostatistician III - Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research Center
- Department: Cancer Inst Shared Services
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Biostatistics
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map