- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Biomedical Technician - Quality ControlRequisition # 20001167A Apply Now
The Biomanufacturing Center is currently seeking a Biomedical Technician!
In the Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center, our mission is to accelerate scientific discovery by generating world-class biomaterials and conducting groundbreaking research in biobanking, personalized medicine, and stem cell biology. For more information, please visit https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/areas/biomanufacturing.html
As a Biomedical Technician, you will participate on various projects to develop and achieve goals, perform tasks associated with the project in accordance to established standard operating procedures (SOPs), and are responsible for maintaining lab equipment and performing lab maintenance duties including cleaning, sterilization, and keeping maintenance records.
The Biomedical Technician performs a broad range of tissue culture and microbiological methods, utilizing good aseptic techniques and lab practices in support of for developing, processing and manufacturing both research and clinical grade cellular products in accordance to established standard operating procedures (SOP). The Tech performs cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western blot, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, Polymerase chain reaction (PCR), flow cytometry, gene expression analysis, protein extraction, cell culture, immunocytochemistry, and staining.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of Quality Control (QC) functions in support of cGMP aseptic Biological manufacturing and process development; QC testing will vary for each project based on the type of cells, tissues or organs
- Encouraged to execute environmental monitoring (EM), QC analysis, and complete routine record review of test data and related GMP documents under minimal supervision
- Conducts investigations regarding EM action level excursions and out of specification (OOS) results for any QC-tests executed within the CBC or by external laboratories
- Develops, revises and reviews SOPs, and monitor GMP systems currently in place to ensure compliance with documented policies and performs activities strictly according to SOPs, with accurate documentation
- Assists cross functional teams with required testing activates as needed
- Contributes to the success of projects by keeping accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and will be expected to help supervisor generate reports
- Writes and maintains good documentation in laboratory notebooks, data record/transfer, SOPs, and batch records
- Drafts standard operating procedures and maintains computer database
- Verifies samples received, logs samples into systems, and transports to appropriate environment within the facility for storage following SOPs
- Maintains lab equipment, material inventories, and places orders for equipment and supplies
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory guidelines and safety standards
Bachelor of Science degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related science/engineering field
Experience we are looking for:
- One (1) year of experience working in a lab environment or industrial scientific setting
- May be asked to perform statistical analysis to generate trend reports on environmental monitoring and product release data
- Legible handwriting
- Knowledgeable in molecular biology techniques including mRNA, DNA extraction, RT-PCR, PCR, expression analysis
- Experience with genus and species identification of various microbes, applying GMP in QC Lab, implementing CAPA and initiating change control is desirable
- Experience with maintenance of analytical and retain sample inventory logs under GMP compliance
- Maintains compliance with established laboratory SOPs, GMP, MTA’s and safety procedures
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with meticulous record keeping and a desire to ensure accurate results
- Working Title: Biomedical Technician - Quality Control
- Department: CS Biomanufacturing Facility
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Biomanufacturing
- Job Specialty: Biomanufacturing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map