Academic Registrar - Graduate Research EducationRequisition # 20002776 Apply Now
As an Academic Registrar, you will be responsible for the overall administration of student admissions and affairs. You will oversee the creation, maintenance and reporting of student records, ensure data is accurate and updated in a timely manner, and administer routine data audits and relays discrepancies.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision, directs all facets of the operations of the Registrar's office including student registration, class schedules, instructional space assignments, graduation clearance, and other related matters.
- Plans and develops strategies for maintenance and upgrading of academic information infrastructure.
- Develops, interprets and delivers effectively structured academic support services such as admissions, registration, processing of grades, maintenance of student and course records, verification of student enrollment, certification of graduation, production of transcripts and diplomas.
- Recommends and initiates in the development and implementation of school policies and procedures regarding student registration, records, class schedules, instructional space scheduling and graduation requirements.
- Maintains and upgrades the Graduate School’s academic information infrastructures including academic records archives, on-line student database, internet and other electronic databases and information systems.
- Oversees all aspects of school records, registration, scheduling, credit hours and student requirements to graduate.
- Administers and maintains educational policies and procedures required by State and Federal entities to compliance.
- Develops and publishes Graduate School information documents including, but not limited to, student catalogs, class schedules and recruitment material.
- Collaborates with Student Financial Advisor in support of preparation of tuition costing, collections and productivity analysis.
- Assists with the overall operations and compliance of Graduate School degree programs as it pertains to student records.
- Represents the Graduate School to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors, students, and/or the general public.
- Recommends and participates in the development of Graduate School policies and procedures; may serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources.
- Represents the company with external constituents.
- Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables.
- Collaborates to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Student Affairs, Education, Educational Administration and/or related required
- Minimum 3 years of Clerical, Academic Administration within a college or university, Registrar's Office and/or related required
- Working Title: Academic Registrar - Graduate Research Education
- Department: Graduate Research Education
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Academic/Research Services
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
West Hollywood, CaliforniaView Map