Vascular Neurology Faculty, Staff Physician (Clinical Focus)Requisition # 20002850 Apply Now
Join us as a member of the Vascular Neurology Faculty, Staff Physician (Clinical Focus).
As the first medical center in Los Angeles County to earn Comprehensive Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, Cedars-Sinai is in the top tier of the region’s stroke-intervention facilities. You’ll be joining other stroke specialists who work in rapid-response teams from a variety of medical disciplines to diagnose and treat strokes, using the most advanced imaging technology and treatments to achieve the best possible outcome.
What sets Cedars-Sinai's Stroke Program apart?
Year after year, the program has earned the highest possible honors from The Joint Commission and AHA/ASA, including Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus and Target: Stroke Honor Roll awards, recognizing the program’s consistent meeting and exceeding of national quality-of-care standards. You can learn more about our commitment to quality on our website.
Residency, Fellowship and Training programs:
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate will:
• Balance their role with 65-75% clinical, 15-20% research, and 5% teaching responsibilities.
• Provide programmatic services such as participating in strategic and operational planning, fostering an environment of performance improvement activities, and actively integrating and coordinating neurology services.
• Carry out faculty-member duties as well as those of a Staff Physician.
• Cooperate with a performance management programs including systemic review of quality, safety, and appropriateness of services rendered.
• Administer teaching activities within the Neurology program under the direction of the Chair and Program Director in collaboration with other department faculty and staff.
• Maintain an active clinical research program in Neurology and make every effort to stimulate and support clinical research efforts of interested Attending Staff members as well as those of the Department of Neurology.
• Assists in the recruitment and training of neurology residents and vascular neurology fellows.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with other Medical Centers around the country ensuring leading edge clinical research in the Neurovascular and Stroke program.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief letter outlining their interests to Shlee Song, MD, Director, Comprehensive Stroke Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Shlee.Song@cshs.org and please cc Sridevi.Tyler@cshs.org.
1.Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
2.Board Certification or eligibility for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and Vascular Neurology BC/BE or recognized equivalent.
3.Ability to obtain an unrestricted California license as Physician
4.CSMC Medical Staff Membership
5.Commitment to developing and fostering a multidisciplinary collaborative approach to patient care.
6.Demonstrated competence in continuous quality improvement processes.
7.Evidence of exceptional academic, clinical, and professional accomplishment.
8.A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care and administration
9.Computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of windows and/or a comparable operating system that sufficiently provides for access to patient and other business information
Cedars-Sinai is committed to providing high value care and to delivering excellent clinical quality, patient safety and service. Our quality is measured in high patient satisfaction scores, continuous clinical performance initiatives, excellent medical outcomes, ongoing research and academic programs, and national designations and awards.
Cedars-Sinai physicians and scientists are leaders in basic and clinical research, bringing advancements in medicine directly from the laboratory to the bedside. We are committed to expanding and strengthening our regional, national, and international position as a model health system that delivers high value services at all sites of care, including physical interactions in physician offices and clinics, ambulatory and outpatient centers, and inpatient facilities, as well as through electronic and other remote linkages.
Each member of our clinical faculty is expected to demonstrate the highest standards of care and to represent Cedars-Sinai Medical Center expertly and responsively at each level of contact with our patients, their families and the entire staff of CSMC.
- Working Title: Vascular Neurology Faculty, Staff Physician (Clinical Focus)
- Department: Neurology
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Faculty
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
United States, CaliforniaView Map