- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Systems EngineerRequisition # 18000853 Apply Now
Responsible for a broad variety of technical administration, engineering, and support for Health Systems information systems, enterprise applications and associated infrastructure. Provides direct support for the planning, coordination, upgrade, enhancement and implementation of computer systems and infrastructure/application software. Ensures stable performance through performance monitoring and tuning. Participates in capacity planning, workload modeling, and prediction of resource needs, ensures timely system maintenance, participates in the planning and implementation of major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed. Works independently or as a member of interdisciplinary teams on moderately complex projects.
- Responsible for technical administration, engineering and support of Health Systems information systems, enterprise applications and infrastructure.
- Provides direct support for the planning, coordination, upgrade, enhancement and implementation of systems and software.
- Ensures stable performance through performance monitoring and tuning.
- Ensures timely system maintenance, participates in the planning and implementation of major software and hardware upgrades
- Configures, installs, maintains, applies patches/fixes and troubleshoots physical and logical tiers of applications/software/systems.
- Assists with conceptualization, design and set up of systems architecture and its various components.
- Works independently or as a member of interdisciplinary teams on complex projects.
- Participates in capacity planning, workload modeling and prediction of resource needs.
- Ensures that change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
Educational requirements and/or preferences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- At least 3 years of practical experience as a systems engineer in a complex multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Expertise with a variety of server/systems monitoring, analysis, management, and configuration tools.
- Able to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely and communicate them clearly to upper management.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several complex projects at one time, and utilize time effectively for staff and self.
- Experience with backup client/server software (TSM preferred)
- Required to have experience with cluster software (for Infrastructure positions)
- Healthcare sector experience a plus
- Advanced scripting skills
- Remote Server builds (PXE preferred) (for Infrastructure positions)
- Competent with mainstream office automation, project management, and communications tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work with PowerPoint and Visio for workflow architectural diagrams.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Working Title: Systems Engineer
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
United States, CaliforniaView Map