At Cedars-Sinai, postdoctoral scientists and other junior researchers fulfill a critical role in expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research. By hosting more than 100 postdocs, who conduct vital research and receive advanced training with expert faculty mentors, Cedars-Sinai supports the ongoing medical education process that continues beyond PhD/MD graduation.
Postdoctoral scientists in the Lung Research Cluster (LRC) are located in research laboratories that form the Women's Guild Lung Institute, which is directed by Dr. Paul Noble and has support from various sources including a NIH/NHLBI T32 training grant. Research interests in the LRC span fundamental studies investigating mechanisms of lung development and postnatal tissue maintenance, through translational studies exploring mechanisms of human lung disease that tap into the extensive clinical resources atMedical Center.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment. Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment. Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Lung Research Cluster
- Department: Research Center Health Equity
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later