Food Service Technician - Patient Food Services - Per DiemRequisition # 19003717 Apply Now
Start your career at Cedars-Sinai
Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow’s health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
Join us as a Food Service Technician (weekends/hours varied):
The Food Service Technician performs complex tasks which require specialized training and skill in food preparation, storage, equipment sanitation and operation, customer relations and clerical work. A Food Service Technician is expected to maintain quality customer relations. Collaborates with leadership staff to improve quality and service to customers.
Qualification for this position include:
- Previous Food Service Technician, Fast Food, and/or comparable experience is desirable.
- High school education/equivalent preferred.
- Completion of certificated program in food service or comparable training preferred.
- Organizational ability to include coordination of multiple tasks within established timeframe, excellent interpersonal skills, and must be customer oriented.
- Must be able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing, with staff, customers, and patients over the telephone or in person.
- Exhibits customer and service-oriented behaviors in every single day work interactions.
- Demonstrates a courteous and supportive attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
Must be able to distinguish color coded dating systems to assure proper food rotation. Must be able to lift and move cases of supplies and/or food product weighing up to 40 pounds. Must be able to prepare and present food attractively for customers and/or patients. Must be able to stand and walk distances over the greater portion of the assigned shift. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling. Must be able to see, speak, and hear clearly.
- Working Title: Food Service Technician - Patient Food Services - Per Diem
- Department: Pat Food Svc Stnd
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Food Services
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Per Diem
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
United States, CaliforniaView Map