Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing perfection. From working with a team of outstanding healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
As a TEMPORARY Contract Administrator at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will assist administering departmental purchase/service contracts, prepares proposals and pre-contract data collection. Analyzes estimates of material, equipment and/or production costs. Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, department specifications, requirements, and conformance to master agreements. May negotiate and/or administrate licensing agreements including renewal, new business, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues, consolidations and clinical trials budgets and contracts. Verifies all aspects of the order, including pricing, to ensure conformance with company policy while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Liaison with applicable technical, finance or legal teams on matters requiring review.
This is a TEMPORARY position. Could last between 12 - 18 months. Full time with benefits.
What will I be doing in this role?
- Develops and manages purchasing contracts, including initiation, renewal and expiration of contracts within area of responsiblity.
- Evaluates and prioritizes existing contracts for opportunities to improve contract benefits and/or reduce costs within area of responsibility. Analyzes contracts to determine most advantageous participation. Investigates opportunity for lowering procurement costs.
- Investigates and recommends new products, services, equipment and product standardization to enhance contract benefits within area of responsibility. Conducts value analysis; recommends cost reductions and products that are better in value than those currently used.
- Facilitates negotiations within scope vendors price, terms, and conditions. Manages vendor relationships and monitors vendor performance.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Business Law, Economics, Business Administration, or Construction Management
What else are we looking for?
- Two years of experience as a buyer in a health care facility or comparable experience/education and good business acumen.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationship with a wide variety of Health System personnel and vendors when placing, expediting, verifying orders and resolving purchasing discrepancies. Relates favorably with others.
- Ability to calculate discounts, prepare cost savings reports or other reports requiring use of business mathematics and Excel spreadsheet.
- Able to negotiate with vendors to obtain the best value for money expended.
- Must be able to make sound and accurate judgements in emergency situations. Must treat all vendors with equal justice. Must be tactful when dealing with vendors and user departments.
- Must have familiarity with computerized purchasing systems including basic keyboard skills (40-50 wpm).
- Extensive and high level use of spreadsheet and database programs to maintain purchasing related databases and generates relevant reports.
- Working familiarity and proficiency with PC based word-processing, spreadsheet and database management applications.
- Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills).
- As applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, e-mail, browsers and online reporting
- Working Title: Contract Administrator - TEMPORARY
- Department: Purchasing
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
- Job Specialty: Supply Chain
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later