- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Biostatistician II - Biostatistics and Bioinformatics ResearchRequisition # 20002118 Apply Now
The Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is committed towards excellence in biomedical research, education and training of physicians and health care professionals with the ultimate goal of improving the health status in our community. Andre' Rogatko, PhD is the Director and Mourad Tighiouart, PhD is the Associate Director of the Research Center. To learn more about the Research Center follow link here: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/areas/biostatistics-bioinformatics.html.
Pursue excellence in research and education with our team.
The Biostatistician II provides statistical services for Principal Investigators, clinical trials, and research studies. Performs statistical analyses, preparation of data sets and writing statistical results. Responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical trials including documentation of statistical methods, review of validation checks and providing reports to the research team. Coordinates the statistics deliverables of ongoing research studies, ensures study timelines are met, reviews data for adherence to protocol, interacts with project coordinators to share knowledge of the data and provides statistical programming support to scientific programming personnel as required. Interacts with Research Scientists, Enterprise Information Technology Analyst, study coordinators and data entry personnel in analyzing results, interpreting biostatistical findings, collecting and gathering information for formulating programs.
In addition the Biostatistician II will also be responsible for:
- Interacts with investigators translating scientific questions into meaningful statistically testable hypotheses. Defines the scope of work and proposes an analytical plan with a time estimate for its completion.
- Provides statistical expertise in the design of experiments and studies, research proposal development, sample size determination, randomization procedures, and plans for interim reviews and final analysis.
- Provides a variety of statistical analysis for projects using appropriate statistical and computing methodologies, and assists in the interpretation and presentation of results.
- Participates in writing statistical sections of manuscripts, publications, grant applications and protocols. Ensures documentation and summarization of the statistical analyses results are clear, consistent and in an organized fashion.
- Reviews the integrity and statistical soundness of all studies involving human subjects or animals, by participating and advising Research Review Committees, Institutional Review Boards and Institutional Animal Care and User Committees.
- Interacts and collaborates with the Clinical Research Office in the development of protocols, and monitoring and reporting of clinical data.
- Critically reviews and summarizes statistical analysis methods described in statistical literature.
- Implements methods described in the statistical literature into operational computer applications using appropriate programming languages.
- Participates in professional meetings to assure positive representation at local, national and international levels.
- Educates others about biostatistics and bioinformatics through mentoring of and teaching colleagues, investigators, fellows, and graduate students. Organizes and teaches formal biostatistics courses, inter-disciplinary courses, continuing education courses, and seminars.
- Analyzes and interprets findings relating to research and/or clinical trials according to established practices and in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides consultation to Principal Investigators, Research Scientists, Research Nurses, and other related research staff, and applies biostatistics to standard and complex research projects.
- Trains data entry staff in particular database management programs, as necessary, according to study protocols and in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- May construct, clean or manage databases, or coordinate with internal or external collaborators to obtain data from multiple sources.
Know someone that would make a great addition at Cedars-Sinai Cancer? This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals
Master's Degree in Biostatistics, bioinformatics, or relevant field such as genetics or epidemiology, REQUIRED
Minimum of two (2) years of experience programming, analysis and consulting in a specific area of research. Thorough knowledge of biostatistics applied to a specific research field. Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge to unusual or complex projects. Thorough, demonstrated knowledge of database and biostatistical computer programs, such as SAS, Stat, and Microsoft Access. Proficient in statistical theory, data analysis, and categorical data analysis.
- Working Title: Biostatistician II - Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Research
- Department: Cancer Inst Shared Services
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Biostatistics
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
United States, CaliforniaView Map