- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Supervisor, PBS Customer ServiceRequisition # M12090 Apply Now
The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for providing lead direction to the customer service representatives, as well as the clerical support unit. They will serve as a liaison between staff and the Customer Service/Self-Pay Manager.
• Consistently review EPIC work queues and assign representatives their queues to focus on
• Act as an EPIC superuser for customer service staff and assist in resolving issues as needed
• Runs and monitors EPIC reports in Anodyne and uses them as tools to manage staff appropriately
• Identify areas of improvement for department and assists Manager in creating processes to address issues
• Monitors staffs’ knowledge of billing and collections (i.e., co-pays, secondary insurance, non-covered services) and ability to explain these issues to the patient
• Ensures that all staff members are following expected protocols
• Provides staff with training and coaching. Uses techniques such as: weekly account reviews, weekly unit meetings, and observation
• Sets unit goals in conjunction with Customer Service Manager
• Serves as a resource to staff by answering questions, assisting with problems, and providing training as necessary
• Assists Customer Service/Self-Pay Manager and performs designated duties in Manager’s absence
• Creates and Implements quality improvement measures for customer service team
• Participates in the development of unit policies and procedures
• Assists with key personnel activities, including the preparation of employee performance reviews; job interviewing and hiring
• Monitors conformity with policies and procedures
• Manages daily activities, including determining specific employee work assignments; reviewing employee activities for completeness, accuracy, and effectiveness
• Monitors and adjusts staff workload, as appropriate
• Monitors staff productivity
• Assigns and monitors staffs’ daily priorities
• Encourages and teaches staff to support CSMNS core values, policies, and procedures
• Creates a supportive environment by fostering individual motivation, coaching, and training
• Develops and coaches staff to ensure they have the skills necessary for optimum performance
• Counsels employees regarding work, attendance, etc. as appropriate, and within departmental guidelines
• Keeps employees informed by communicating in a clear, effective, and timely manner
• Uses a wide variety of communication formats to keep staff regularly informed: team meetings, in-services, bulletin boards, etc.
• Good leadership skills with a team-oriented approach
• Strong Communication Skills
• Work independently with little or no supervision
• Handles all work in a professional and confidential manner
• Produce quality work within expected standards of department
• Manage time and workload efficiently
• Recognize when assistance is needed and can be an effective team player
• Takes initiative to work proactively and can present issues with solutions to management
• Learn and take on new tasks if given the opportunity
• Reach out and seek assistance when needed
• Assist and effectively communicate with all levels of staff
• Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university or 5+ years of direct billing customer service experience required
• High School Diploma
• Successfully complete training on required modules within the EPIC system is required
• 5+ years of direct billing customer service experience required
• Strong background in EPIC and Physician Billing
• Understanding of Windows based applications ie. Word, Excel and Outlook
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
You will be working in a team based environment.
Hours working will require remaining in a stationary position during entire shift.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Must be able to push and pull up to 25 lbs.
- Working Title: Supervisor, PBS Customer Service
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0853050 - MNS BILLING SVC
- City: Torrance
- Job Category: Finance/Patient Financial Services
- Job Specialty: Physicians Billing
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: TBA
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Torrance, CaliforniaView Map