- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Department Assistant IIRequisition # M12048 Apply Now
The Department Assistant II is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties to support departmental staff in various administrative functions, as well as serving as a triage point for the collection department needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Receives all incoming mail and sorts and distributes appropriately and timely
• Prioritizes work requests
• Review and analysis of credit balances within billing system.
• Receives documents to be copied, faxed, and filed, and handles appropriately and timely
• Works correspondence issues (i.e., updating addresses, insurance information, and specific denial types) in an appropriate manner.
• Pulls EOBs and other hardcopy documentation as requested by PBS staff
• Handles in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence, documentation, and files
• Meets productivity standards
• Supports CSMNS core values, policies, and procedures
• Meets weekly with Supervisor
• Works with Supervisors and Managers to ensure appropriate and timely resolution to their requests
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• High school diploma required
• Basic Excel knowledge.
• (1) year of clerical experience
• Some analytical understanding of payer EOBs preferred.
• Basic knowledge of procedures and data flow in a health care organization required.
• Understanding of computer systems required.
• Must have basic knowledge of office equipment, such as fax machine, copy machine, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Must work well with other employees
• Must be able to perform critical work under deadlines
• Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple tasks
- Working Title: Department Assistant II
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0853003 - PHYSICIAN BILLING OFFICE
- City: Torrance
- Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
- Job Specialty: Entry Level Clerical
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Torrance, CaliforniaView Map