- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Biller/Collector IIIRequisition # M12064 Apply Now
To efficiently and effectively bill and collect monies relative to physician reimbursements. The Biller/Collector III works on specific types of accounts (e.g. transplant cases, cardiothoracic surgeries and other advanced type of special accounts, Prop 99, etc.) in a team environment to fulfill the mission and goals of the Department. The Biller/Collector III will work independently requiring little supervision from management to ensure the integrity of the work performed.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Coordinate and follow through on the reimbursement activity for specific patient accounts (e.g transplant cases, cardiothoracic surgery cases, etc).
2. Initiates proactive measures that result in account resolution.
3. Ensures all conditions for payment receipt have been satisfied, which includes, but not limited to:
accurate charges patient insurance eligibility
accurate financial class patient benefit coverage
authorization/certification/TAR information patient responsibilities
claims address CPT 4 coding, as applicable
ICD 9 coding, as applicable
4. Responds timely and accurately to all incoming related correspondence and inquires from payers, patients and other authorized parties. Reports any trends in incoming correspondence to managers for appropriate follow-up.
5. Interacts with co-workers and other representatives to obtain required information on a timely basis.
6. Initiates contact with patients as necessary
8. Initiates recommendations and actions for resolving patient accounts. Evaluate accounts to determine any write-offs or corrections required, including duplicate charges.
9. Submit bills to insurance for secondary insurance.
10. Ensure that all necessary documentation and information is correct according to departmental policies and procedures. Ensure that all documentation is complete for submission to determine ultimate action on patient account.
11. Ensure that all applicable monies are transferred from the hospital so that they may be posted accordingly.
12. Answer telephones, patient inquiries, and respond appropriately to written correspondence relative to a patient’s account.
13. Research and prioritize incoming mail, resubmit denials with proper documentation according to departmental policies and procedures.
14. Verify correct initial subscriber billing information and update information in the system as necessary.
15. Prepare refund request for any or all monies due to patient or insurance company as a result off overpayments or forward requests to appropriate individual in charge of processing refund requests.
16. Post adjustments to accounts in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
17. Respond to all phone calls from other departments or insurance companies in an efficient and courteous manner.
18. Demonstrate teamwork and provide assistance with special projects when assigned.
19. Create correspondence and provide documentation for effective reimbursements.
20. Responsible for updating information within the IDX system via BAR and PCS (charges, adjustments, write-offs, bad debt, refunds to patients/insurance companies, and professional courtesies). Responsible for processing non-sufficient funds checks and ensure follow-up with those patients in this categories.
21. Clearly document within the patient’s account, actions taken on the account and any other follow-up that was done, including what the expected outcome should be.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
High School graduate or equivalent. Minimum five to seven (5-7) years experience performing medical billing functions. Minimum experience includes corresponding with patients and insurance companies in resolving patient accounts. Extensive knowledge of insurance carrier procedures. Experience with reading Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements. Proven ability to handle multiple conflicting tasks.
Experience with on-line Accounts Receivable system (IDX system experience a plus). Knowledge of PC based software applications (e.g. Word for Windows, Excel, etc). Type 35+ wpm.
Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form. Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities.
Ability to sit for long periods of time, and answer telephones.
Fast paced general office environment
- Working Title: Biller/Collector III
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0853050 - MNS BILLING SVC
- City: Torrance
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 7:00a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Torrance, CaliforniaView Map