The Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation is seeking a Physician Assistant (PA) join our growing Thoracic Surgery Team. A true leader strives to inspire and at its core, that’s exactly what our Advance Practice Provider leaders do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai. Now we invite you to join us from working with a team of outstanding healthcare professionals, and you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible for yourself, and for others. Thoracic surgery focuses on the care of patients with both benign and malignant diseases of the chest. Most of our surgeries are performed minimally invasively with robotic platforms. Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center has brand-new cutting-edge technology to ensure that patients are getting exceptional surgical care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the supervising physician as well as independently.
- Provide pre- and post-op assessments of patients.
- Will perform consults to acquire relevant health and medical history.
- Performs a physical examination based on age and history and dictates progress notes for follow-up with appropriate physician/s.
- Complete orders related to preventive and diagnostic procedures based on the patient’s medical history.
- Assist physician by performing screening, consultation and follow-up calls to answer questions from patients.
- Provide surgical assistance in the Operating Room.
- The Physician Assistant will be rounding on patients in the hospital with Physician and independently. Will write orders in Recovery Room, ICU, and floor.
- Follow patients and write daily progress notes.
- Maintain clear communication with the attending surgeon and any consultants regarding patient status both pre and post discharge
- Master of Science Degree in Physician Assistant studies
- National Certification as a Physician Assistant
- BLS and ACLS Certification required
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certification required
- Minimum 1 year Physician Assistant experience in a relevant clinical area strongly preferred, e.g., thoracic surgery, general surgery, reconstructive surgery, or other surgical specialties.
- Robotics experience is a plus.
Working Title: Physician Assistant - Thoracic Surgery
Department: Tarzana Initiatives
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Clinical Operations
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (PA)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $139,000.00 - $222,300.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.