Dietitian - Outpatient Oncology - TarzanaRequisition # 20002461 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed to improving patients' lives. We provide an outstanding benefit package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
As a Clinical Outpatient Oncology Dietitian at the Cedars-Sinai Ventana location in Tarzana, California, you will provide nutritional guidance to patients receiving oncological therapeutic treatments to minimize nutrition impact symptoms.
- You will assist in nutrition assessments and coordinate the nutrition care service needs for patients in an outpatient setting.
- Facilitate patients/family/caregiver/client active participation in establishing nutrition related goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and communicate with interdisciplinary team and the department leadership in the provision of quality care. Document care in the medical record.
- Contribute to health care team functions through the multidisciplinary care planning processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or Nutrition required. MS in field related to job preferred.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission of Dietetic Registration required.
- Prefer current Board-Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition (CSO) by Commission of Dietetic Registration or obtaining (within 2 years of employment) Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
What else we are seeking:
4 or more years experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute hospital working primarily with oncology patients in inpatient and ambulatory setting. Ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of Medical Nutrition Therapy, with an emphasis in oncology nutrition. Well developed skills in assessment, planning, communication, and evaluation. Excellent counseling skills, motivational interviewing, and the ability to relate to a multi-ethnic community and varied learning levels. Good interpersonal skills to establish productive working relationships with physicians and other members of the multi-disciplinary team providing comprehensive patient care. Possesses a working knowledge of Windows, electronic medical record documentation, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, e-mail, Internet and data entry and analysis.
- Working Title: Dietitian - Outpatient Oncology - Tarzana
- Department: Onc PT & Fam Sup Svs
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Tarzana
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Nutrition
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Tarzana, CaliforniaView Map