The Angeles Clinic and Research Insitute is looking for a Senior Clinical Research Finance Coordinator II to join their team. The Senior Clinical Research Finance Coordinator II (CRFC II), will be responsible for coordinating and executing the financial billing of clinical trials, formation of the Medicare Coverage Analysis grid, and the development of clinical trial budgets. He/She is responsible for the calculation of statistical, fiscal, and metric data as it relates to clinical trial activities. The CRFC II also assures the building of budgets/contract agreements within the Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS). This individual will interact with principal investigators, subjects, clinic and research staff, laboratory staff, medical professionals, pharmaceutical staff, and Sponsor representatives to successfully oversee the research billing aspects of the Medical Care Foundation.
In addition, the Senior Clinical Research Finance Coordinator II will be responsible for the following:
- Develops and updates Medicare Coverage Analysis grids in order to assess which procedures/services within the protocol are covered under Medicare guidelines. Works in conjunction with Cedars-Sinai Industry Sponsored Research Office in order to produce a final document.
- Routinely monitors and reconciles trial accounts to ensure timely deposit, correct allocation, and distribution of revenue.
- Provides financial related data as needed, to internal team members and/or manager/director.
- Work with Accounts Payable to process and monitor that timely payments are made to various internal groups, external partners, patients, and/or joint sites according to contractual/budgetary agreement.
- Responsible for accurate and timely fiscal data collection, documentation, entry and reporting into CTMS, including timely response to sponsor communication.
- Develop and maintain statistical and fiscal reports as they relate to clinical trial activity on a monthly and fiscal year basis.
- Process timely invoices which follow protocol driven procedures according to patient accruals/visits in order to seek reimbursement from industry sponsors.
- Oversees and monitors billing work queue within the Electronic Medical Records system (EPIC) and adjudicates patient bills according to final contract/budget.
- Critically evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments.
- Develops clinical trial budgets and negotiates with industry sponsors. Renegotiates budgets as part of trial maintenance through amendments.
- Creates and finalizes payment terms (contract language) in conjunction with industry sponsor.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the FDA and IRB Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables
- Cultivates and maintains strong customer relationships and rapport with stakeholders and/or client groups
- Represents the company with external constituents
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Certification in clinical research (CCRP) – preferred
- 2 years - Clinical research budgeting/billing
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Working Title: Senior Clinical Research Finance Coordinator - The Angeles Clinic
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Santa Monica
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later