Medical Lab Assistant - Santa Monica Oncology ClinicRequisition # 19004729 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Perform accurate analysis of laboratory specimens, demonstrating your proficiency and understanding in laboratory procedures, as well as competency to facilitate quality patient care and diagnosis
- Participate in solution of technical problems requiring great degree of independent judgment
- Ensure compliance with the State of California and Federal licensing/accrediting standards (CLIA), including but not limited to safety, CPR, infection control, quality management, environmental, confidentiality, and patient care
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Current California CPT1 certification required
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical lab bench experience in processing and performing testing on patient samples required
- Knowledge of hematology analyzer, routine chemistry analyzer, specimen processing, and handling specimen send out testing required
- Ability to handle reagents appropriately and set-up lab instruments for testing required
- Ability to run testing analyzers required
- Working Title: Medical Lab Assistant - Santa Monica Oncology Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Santa Monica
- Job Category: Pathology / Lab
- Job Specialty: Laboratory
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Santa Monica, CaliforniaView Map