Radiologic Technologist - Urgent Care Playa VistaRequisition # 20001444 Apply Now
The Radiology Technician (CRT) supports patient care by performing x-rays as directed by physician for diagnostic purposes. The CRT must be proficient with the use of x-ray equipment and associated procedures according to assignments and job responsibilities. Additionally, the CRT will perform routine and basic administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates clinical competency and technical skills as a CRT.
- Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures, positioning patients on the examining table and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum views of specific body area as ordered by clinician.
- Performs procedures based on established technique chart using independent judgment to support the radiological orders.
- Exhibits working knowledge and relationships with other departments as it relates to radiological services.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of patient care flow and insurance concepts.
- Uses appropriate technique charts and assures markers are set appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to work in multiple x-ray sites and acts as a role model in providing care; assists in percepting other CRT and Limited XT staff.
- Demonstrates ability to retrieve studies from PACS for review and assists with quality assurance.
- Maintains logs for QC based on manufacturers recommendation.
- Performs appropriate infection controls processes.
- Reviews dosimeter reports monthly.
- Provides patient education pertaining to requested studies and aids in new staff orientation.
- If assigned to CSMG or KJI, assists the clinician during examinations and/or minor surgeries.
- If assigned to CSMG or KJI, keeps exam and/or procedure rooms stocked with adequate medical/surgical supplies, maintains instruments, and performs sterilization as required.
- If assigned to CSMG or KJI, escorts patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measures vital signs and documents information in patient's chart, and performs designated diagnostic tests as directed by the provider.
Teamwork/Customer Relation Responsibilities
- Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s)
- Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables
- Identifies and responds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources
- Shares knowledge, time and expertise to assist other members of the team.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification or equivalent from an accredited educational program/Medical Board approved organization preferred
- CA Radiologic Tech required.
- American Heart Association BLS required.
- CA driver license required (May be asked to travel to other medical office locations to support).
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) preferred
- Certification from Board Approved Medical Assistant Organization preferred
- One (1) year of working as an X-Ray Technician in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting.
- Ability to work in teams, ability to work independently, ability to follow directions, ability to manage completion of multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients and colleagues in a thoughtful and attentive manner
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, think tactically as well as strategically. Demonstrating objectivity, delivering results, and show initiative and creativity
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office software: MS Excel, Outlook, Power point Word, etc.
- Working knowledge of subject matter domain areas in clinical quality, patient safety, operational efficiency, and financing for hospital, medical group, population health or managed care.
- Working Title: Radiologic Technologist - Urgent Care Playa Vista
- Department: Playa Vista - UC
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Playa Vista
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Playa Vista, CaliforniaView Map