As a member of the patient care team, the Medical Assistant is responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, verification of patient information by interviewing patient and confirming purpose of visit. The Medical Assistant is also responsible to prepare the patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature, and reporting patient history summary. This position will also be trained and will be responsible for appointment scheduling, and to perform routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
• Greets patients, take appropriate vital signs, review current medications and record in medical record • Assists with tracking and monitoring department specific data • Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using clinical or administrative knowledge, based on scope of practice • Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work • Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs • Sweeps clinical areas to monitor inventory based on standard work • Cleans/re-processes equipment and supplies based on standard work and department guidelines • Addresses patient, physician, and staff concerns and escalate accordingly • Provides assistance in QA measures for suites, including recording QC testing on designated equipment • Provides assistance and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution • Monitors their own workflow to identify opportunities for improvement • Participates in daily huddles and staff meetings • Adheres to all infection prevention standards,department policies and guidelines.
High School Diploma/GED required
Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
Assoc. Degree/College Diploma preferred
2 years Experience working as a Medical Assistant in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting preferred.
CS-Link/Epic Healthcare preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
Basic Life Support Certification needs to be the AHA Healthcare Provider type only required and/or American Red Cross.
Certified Registered Medical Assistant - Certification from Board approved Medical Assistant Organization preferred.
- Working Title: Medical Assistant - Playa Vista Internal Medicine
- Department: Playa Vista - IM
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Playa Vista
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later