Pharmacy Technician - Prior Authorization -Pasadena Location
You're exacting in all you do. Happily, we're the exact same way. Make a difference in Pharmacy at Cedars-Sinai. Use your teamwork, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside distinguished physicians, collaborate with those conducting groundbreaking research, and apply yourself using cutting-edge evidence-based practice.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0942824
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
This role would be at our Pasadena location. Onsite role
What will you be doing in this role?
The Pharmacy Technician will assist in supporting the Cedars-Sinai Medical Network and Huntington Health in the daily operations of the Pharmacy & Nutrition Services Department. The Pharmacy Support Specialist’s primary role is to assist the pharmacists, physicians and other providers in processing of prescription orders, prior authorizations, distribution and inventory management of clinic-administered medications, and obtaining and compiling clinical information. Outreach to patients to coordinate care and assist with patient assistance programs. Duties are performed under the supervision of a pharmacist.
What's this role all about?
- Communicate pertinent information to pharmacists, prescribing physicians, other providers, office staff and/or patients.
- Monitor and respond to e-mail and electronic medical record inbox/in-baskets messages and other communications in a timely manner throughout the work day.
- Assist in obtaining prior authorizations from insurance plans and coordination with pharmacies.
- Assist with data collection and entry when needed.
- Facilitate communication with clinics/departments regarding medication requests and issues pertaining to medication stock and delivery.
- Conduct chart or laboratory searches as necessary and transcribe relevant information into CS-Link.
- Support Huntington Health and Cedars-Sinai Medical Network pharmacists and physicians by processing and submitting prior authorizations in CS-Link or appropriate platform.
- Prior authorization requests and enter requests into CS-Link for review by health plans.
- Ensure that each prior authorization is documented with outcome status in the patient’s chart for transparency amongst the healthcare team.
- Follow up on open prior authorizations with the health plan to ensure the prior authorizations are resolved/completed in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the California Board of Pharmacy
- 1 or more years of experience at a health plan or with processing medication prior authorizations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk or hear, perform continuous operation of a personal computer, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects and/or operate equipment. The employee is rarely required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Working Title: Pharmacy Technician - Prior Authorization -Pasadena Location
- Department: Medical Services
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Pasadena
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Collaborate with distinguished physicians and cutting-edge researchers
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3,000 or more for positions requiring an pharmacist license
At Cedars-Sinai, our culture values the pursuit of career advancement and mobility. Our organization becomes stronger when employees grow and learn.
We welcome the most dedicated and passionate people to join our team.