Make a difference every single day!
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We seek excellence, courtesy, teamwork, respect, communication, and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The social worker (MSW or LCSW)) is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients and Emergency Department patients. They are dedicated to patient and family-centered care that values personal self-determination, skilled at managing multiple priorities at once and engaging in creative, compassionate, and ethical problem-solving. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, they perform comprehensive assessments and assist with developing a plan that integrates medical and social resources. Functions include crisis intervention, patient/family intervention, high-risk screening, and brief counseling, referring to identified resources and engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high-risk patients are identified. The position will require serving on hospital committees and take part in developing and presenting in-services to hospital staff.
- Active participation in Department's continuing education/staff development programs.
- Involvement in program planning in assigned service areas along with the organization of social work activities.
- Providing social work services to patients and their families with psychosocial needs.
- Assuring patients receive benefit from medical and/or psychiatric care and post-hospital planning.
- Psychosocial evaluation -- identification of problems affecting optimal patient care and the development of a treatment plan
- Crisis intervention
- Individual and family counseling
- Discharge planning and case coordination
- Interdisciplinary discussion of psychosocial implications of illness including consultation regarding treatments and resources designed to solve the problems of the patients
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies
- Initiates program planning and development in assigned services/programs.
- MSW from CSWE-accredited university or LCSW
- Internship in Acute Inpatient setting during MSW program
- Ability to register with the Board of Behavioral health for progression towards licensing
- Must obtain license within two years of date of hire
Working Title: Social Worker - Per Diem (MSW or LCSW)
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
Job Category: Patient Services
Position Type: Per Diem
Base Pay: $45.27 - $45.27
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All .
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditions of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.