Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence and compassionate patient care? Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity, with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field, as your next career move.
What will you be doing in this role?
We are currently hiring a Respiratory Care Practitioner II (RCPII) who will be responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures. Under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Medical Director and Department Manager, the Respiratory Therapist II ensures that all patient care and family related interactions are performed with sensitivity to the developmental needs, psycho-social issues and safety of the pediatric, adult and geriatric patient populations served.
In addition, the RCP II will be responsible for the following:
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
- Performs EKGs, sends reports to physicians who requested them, and files reports in department, according to department procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs of a patient and evaluates effectiveness of learning - Patient’s family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the department manager.
Shift: 18:30 - 07:00 (12 hours)
- Current California State Respiratory Therapist Licensure (required)
- Registered by NBRC
- Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy (required)
- Current BLS certification (required)
- Current ACLS certification (preferred)
- One (1) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services (required)
- Basic computer knowledge (required)
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (required)
Working Title: Respiratory Care Practitioner II - Per Diem - 6:30pm - 7:00am
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
Job Category: Therapy/Rehab
Position Type: Per Diem
Base Pay: $41.46 - $41.46
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All .
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditions of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.