Make a difference every single day!
Are you ready to bring your strong clinical competencies and make a crucial impact on the lives of others? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you at Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital, where we are now a Primary Stroke Center and building a brand new 9 story hospital. Join us and support our community with the highest quality healthcare!
- $12,000 Sign-on Bonus for External New Hires
- $12,000 Employee Referral Program bonus eligible
Join our float pool
We are seeking a compassionate, dedicated RN who enjoys variety to support multiple hospital units on a rotating basis. You will play a critical role in patients' lives every day.
As a Registered Nurse II (RN II) in the Float Pool, you will be oriented to multiple inpatient departments. Our nursing float pool supplements staffing throughout the hospital based on need. Nurses who work in the Cedars-Sinai float pool can float between multiple areas.
- Emergency Department
- Pre-op and PACU
- Medical & Surgical, Telemetry and PCU (our primary need is Critical Care experience currently)
Enjoy the flexibility of being a float-pool nurse while building your career at Cedars-Sinai.
You'll get exposure to several different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population. At Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital, you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Amazing benefits for Full-time and Part-time!
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Advancement and leadership opportunities
- NEW 9 story Hospital scheduled for 2025 – state of the art and double the size!
Our Intensive Care Unit is a 12 bed Medical and Respiratory MICU caring for patients with acute medical issues such as sepsis, GI bleeding, post code blue and respiratory issues. On this unit, our registered nurses typically have a 1:2 ratio and 1:1 ratio patients that meet the criteria. Each room has a HEPA filter and PAPRS readily available.
Our Emergency Department (ED) has 20 patient beds and sees on average 100 people a day. There are Registered Nurses, Break RNs, Charge Nurses, Physicians, Physicians Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners on this cohesive multidisciplinary team. Our emergency medicine specialists are dedicated to providing comprehensive, leading-edge emergency care to a diverse population.
The Registered Nurse assumes accountability and responsibility for the delivery of patient care in the hospital setting and for the respective patient population.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care services, including the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Demonstrates advanced assessment skills to evaluate the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Displays knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
- Provides assistance to co-workers, new staff, temporary staff and students
- Functions as a change champion and agent and participates in departmental quality improvement activities
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. Nights
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN is preferred
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required
- Valid California RN license
- BLS and ACLS certifications through the American Heart Association
- A minimum of 2 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues
Working Title: Registered Nurse – Float Pool, Part-time, Nights ($12,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
Job Category: Nursing
Position Type: Part-time
Base Pay:$46.00 - $71.30
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All .
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditions of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement