Registered Nurse Clinical Operations Supervisor
Marina del Rey, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0388489A
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are partners in quality health care from a medical center that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of the top 20 physicians groups in Southern California by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA).
The Clinical Operations Supervisor will be heavily involved in the strategic growth of two multi-specialty sites in Marina Del Rey and Santa Monica and will have a shared responsibility in opening new sites in multiple regions. You will be responsible for supervising the clinical staff and clinical operations of both offices by performing the following duties personally or through assigned personnel.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Supervises all clinical operations and administrative responsibilities including back office and radiology staff of the medical practice(s).
- Assists in the development, review, and revision of standard operating policies and procedures in collaboration with senior management.
- Oversees, and performs administrative functions to include answering and triaging telephone calls for patient care matters, chart preparation for clinical care, maintaining and filing medical records, and assisting with appointment scheduling.
- Coordinates, or serves as liaison, for administrative support activities including facilities management, pharmacy, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll.
- Performs nursing tasks and functions within the scope and practice of RN licensure.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new employees.
- Appraising performance and assist in staff development.
- Addressing patient, physician, and staff concerns and resolving problems accordingly.
- Managing payroll, monitoring employees’ accruals and time off, and overtime usage.
- Manage the physician and nurse’s schedules to provide quality care and services, recommending schedule improvements as needed.
- Assist Senior Management with the monitoring of performance measures and designing methods for improving the quality of care and service delivered in our physician practices.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required (ACLS preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of medical office experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably in a multi-specialty medical group setting, including medical office management and/or supervisory experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience using IDX or other computerized practice management system preferred
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Supervisor, Operations, Leadership, Nurse Manager, Outpatient, Clinic, Healthcare, Medical, Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, CA
- Working Title: Registered Nurse Clinical Operations Supervisor
- Department: MDR Timeshare
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Marina Del Rey
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus