Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and its staff aim to exceed the expectations of our patients, their families and the community with a service-oriented attitude. We are looking for excellence, teamwork, courtesy, respect, communication and enthusiasm in our future colleagues. If you are looking for exciting career opportunities with growth potential, come and join the team at Marina del Rey Hospital!
As a Maintenance Technician, you will assist in the performance of duties necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of the facility in good repair. Minor maintenance, repairs and other duties are the primary functions. This role also assists the Engineering Department with plumbing, electrical and HVAC maintenance, and participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner to reflect the highest integrity of the Engineering Department
- Assists in maintaining HVAC controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled areas.
- Performs urgent, corrective, routine and requisitioned repairs of minor problems with the electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required. Notifies supervisor if major repairs are required.
- Performs maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
- Maintains facilities and equipment according to state, federal and local regulatory requirements (OSHPD, DHS, etc.)
- Assists in replacing, repairing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems as required.
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
- Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material).
- Complete Preventive Maintenance within scheduled intervals on a continuous basis to ensure the continued operation of the facility
Hours: Varied AM and PM Hours and Weekdays/Weekends Shifts
- One (1) year hospital experience, preferred
- Ability to do work on his/her own with only routine supervision.
- A working knowledge of fire alarm and signal systems.
- A safe use and thorough knowledge of how to use and maintain power tools, hand tools and equipment
- Knowledge and observance of safety precautions
Working Title: Maintenance Technician - Hospital Facilities/Engineer (Variable Shifts)
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
Job Category: Facilities
Position Type: Full-time
Base Pay: $21.27 - $31.91
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role.
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All .
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditions of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.