Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, RNRequisition # 20001577 Apply Now
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence! From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
The Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (WOCN) is an RN who is an expert clinical practitioner responsible for providing consultation, education and client management expertise for specific clinical areas. The WOCNs at Cedars-Sinai provide evidence based, hands-on care to patients dealing with chronic wounds, ostomy or incontinence issues to improve their outcomes and help them return to their normal lives. They also provide a Wound Care Leadership Course for unit-based resource nurses charged with aiding colleagues in the assessment, treatment, and prevention of pressure ulcers.
As an expert WOCN consultant you will be responsible for
- educating patient and family regarding physical and psychological management of ostomies.
- providing consultation for inpatients with full-thickness Pressure Ulcers and investigating all Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcers.
- providing staff education and workshops related to pressure ulcer and ostomy management while assessing education needs of staff in areas of expertise.
- actively participating in professional organizations to maintain awareness of current trends within the WOCN specialty
#Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn #Jobs-Indeed #Jobs-NHCN #Jobs-HERC
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Program bonus. See website for details: https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/employee-referrals/
Graduate of an accredited Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Valid California State RN State License
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) Wound care certification required.
- WOCNCB Ostomy certification required.
- Minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience in specialty to include planning, teaching and directing care.
- Two years knowledge and experience in ostomy and wound care preferred.
- Working Title: Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, RN
- Department: Enterostoma
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map