Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The Network Engineer performs a broad variety of technical engineering support, design, architecture for monitoring and managing the Health Systems data infrastructure and systems. Develops and implements standards, policies, and procedures, and works as a liaison with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network and infrastructure. Serves as a mentor for Network Operations support team. Engineer must be able to work independently to come up with network designs, assemble and guide implementation teams. Performs maintenance, and upgrades of networks, including routers, switches, Wi-Fi components, firewalls, and other related systems. Monitors network connectivity and ensures high quality data transmission. Manages day-to-day issues and maintains the enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and running a global healthcare network, security, and wireless infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation; maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations, and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work.
- Requires staying on top of network engineering and automation approaches, technologies, and techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer in a sophisticated multiplatform, multi-protocol environment.
- Solid understanding of wireless technologies (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax).
- Solid understanding of Wi-Fi RTLS solutions.
- Experience with tuning RF and Wi-Fi configurations based on industry best practices.
- Solid understanding of networking topologies and protocols.
- Experience in large enterprise network/security/wi-fi environments.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco related products.
- Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF's, and Traffic Engineering.
- Solid experience with Cisco and Palo Alto Security products and technologies (NGFW/DNS Security/Site to Site VPN/ NAT/PAT).
- Understanding of F5/NetScaler load balancing products.
- Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems.
- Knowledge of micro-segmentation type solutions.
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies.
- Experience with automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Python or Puppet.
- Experience in a network healthcare environment. (preferred)
Education/ Licenses/ Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- One or more of the following Certifications: CWNA, CWNP, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCSP or CCIE.
- Working Title: WiFi Network Engineer
- Department: Network Engineering
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later