Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Consumer Digital Innovation team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true mobile and web transformation and the optimization of a digital platform implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. When you join our team, you’ll gain access to our groundbreaking biomedical research facilities and advanced medical education programs. We offer learning programs, tuition reimbursement and performance-improvement projects so you can achieve certifications and degrees while gaining the knowledge and experience needed to advance your career.
We take pride in hiring the best, most hard-working employees. Our dedicated doctors, nurses and staff reflect the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The UX Writer/Editor will create written content that guides our users through digital products and experiences. This role will work with UX Designers, Product Managers, and others to design seamless experiences for patients and users. The UX Writer will work closely with our product team to ensure that we communicate to our users in a clear, consistent, and user-centric manner while staying aligned with brand strategy and business objectives.
- Writes clear, concise, engaging copy that guides users within a digital product and helps them interact with it, including microcopy, UI labels, menu labels, buttons, and headlines.
- Distills value props and desired actions down to short, actionable copy.
- Maintains digital style standards, including grammar, usage, tone, and branding; partner with Brand Strategy to align style guides where needed.
- Works with product owners and stakeholders to understand requirements for new and existing features and advocate for users and UX best practices.
- Collaborates with product and design teams to align on user experience and bring a copy perspective to page layout and visual design; serves as the digital communication expert for cross-functional teams.
- Creates a consistent end-to-end experience and ensure that digital content complies with brand standards, legal, and compliance.
- Understands business requirements and target audiences’ needs and advises on a communications strategy that serves both.
- Communicates the needs and expectations of the user effectively; uses data and user feedback to guide recommendations and content decisions.
- Presents new solutions and recommendations to stakeholders, using expertise and persuasion to influence the product vision.
- Understands accessibility standards and provides guidance on element labels.
- Supports digital product teams with expertise in content strategy and SEO.
Three (3) plus years of experience creating user-focused digital content with superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX Design, or related field. (preferred)
Working Title: UX Writer/Editor - Remote
Department: Web Strategy
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Job Specialty: Creative Media
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,400.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision (PDF) (opens in new window)
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All (opens in new window).
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement (PDF) (opens in new window)