UX ArchitectRequisition # 20000700 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai
We know that you have options as to where you choose to work, and we provide our employees with the best possible work environment. One of our goals as an organization is to develop a well-trained and highly motivated workforce. We want to help you achieve your greatest potential by enabling you to progress within your job and advance your career.
Right now, our Digital Strategy team is looking for a UX Architect to join them.
This role is responsible for the structural organization of information across various system platforms including desktop, web and mobile. The UX Architect will work to develop personas, journey maps, sitemaps, and navigational schemes to influence the design of a digital product. You will work closely with product management, creative and development teams to find solutions that meet stakeholder objectives and serve the needs of the user.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into user friendly concepts and functional components.
- Demonstrate passion for researching and designing great information architectures.
- Develop sitemaps and metadata frameworks.
- Collaborate in the creation of content strategy.
- Create wireframes, user flows, journey maps, sitemaps and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience.
- Participate in user research and conduct usability testing.
- Partner with development team members to understand opportunities and limitations of solutions being proposed.
- Communicate the needs and expectations of the user effectively to multiple teams.
- Advocate for users and UX best practices.
- Serve as in-house expert and build team awareness of UX concepts.
- Demonstrate skilled problem-solving capabilities to determine solutions and options to resolve problems.
- Conduct competitive and/or heuristic analyses.
- Craft solutions that will meet user and business goals while also fitting into the constraints of brand, time, budget and technology.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a UX Architect, Information Architect or Experience Designer.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Library Science, UX Design, or related field.
- Experience with UX testing tools.
- Proficiency with prototyping tools.
- An understanding of AEM.
- Ability to design across devices and across systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach as well as to fit project budget and timelines.
- Strategic, creative thinker able to translate findings into clear guidance for designers and developers and define clear project measures.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, capable of building working relationships and dedicated to the development of the entire team.
- Ability to navigate conflicting priorities and opinions and effectively negotiate solutions .
- Comfortable working as part of a design and development team, not just working from a technology perspective.
- Deep empathy with users, understanding that people will expect a humane, usable, and successful user experience as well as required functionality and features.
- Working Title: UX Architect
- Department: Digital Strategy
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Marketing / Communications
- Job Specialty: Creative Media
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map