Utilization Management Review Case Manager - Per Diem - Case ManagementRequisition # 19003301 Apply Now
Every Skill. Every Effort. Everything We Have.
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Do you have the wisdom and stamina to steer crucial treatment decisions?
As a Registered Nurse, Utilization Review Case Manager at Cedars-Sinai,
- You will serve as a clinical co-pilot—charting the best trajectory of each patient’s care by accommodating various needs, including medical, psycho-social, financial and practical.
- You will join a shared culture of passion, compassion and sophistication that will make your work experience here exhilarating.
- Your curiosity and dream to broaden your scope of experience will grow and thrive in our Magnet-designated, teaching environment, having all the advantages of the most advanced thinking and state-of-the-art capabilities.
- You will validate the patient's placement to be the most appropriate level of care based on nationally accepted admission criteria.
- You will use medical necessity screening tools, such as InterQual or MCG criteria, to complete initial and continued stay reviews, appropriateness of test/procedures and an estimation of the patients expected length of stay.
- BSN preferred
- Current CA RN license
- American Heart Association BLS.
- 5 years Case Management experience
- 3 years related nursing experience required
- Knowledge of medical literature, research methodology, health care delivery systems and financial reimbursement.
- In the role of Registered Nurse, Utilization Review Case Manager you may have the opportunity to cross train.
- Working Title: Utilization Management Review Case Manager - Per Diem - Case Management
- Department: Utilization Management
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Case Management
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map