Ultrasound Tech II - High Risk OB / Prenatal - 8-Hour Day Shift
Los Angeles, California
Making a difference is difficult, but if you’re like us, you’ll know it is well worth it. As an imaging professional at Cedars-Sinai you’ll have state-of-the-art imaging technology at your disposal to help provide innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment to those that need it the most. You'll work alongside distinguished physicians and some of the most talented staff in the industry doing the incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful member of our Imaging team at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
- Good listener
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 23000968
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed to improving patients' lives. We provide an outstanding benefit package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why we are ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23
What you will be doing in this role:
This ultrasound tech position covers one of three Prenatal Diagnosis Center outreach clinics in Tarzana or other possible outreach location. The candidate will have a regular designated site and may be required to provide back-up coverage to the other sites. Training, competencies, and orientation will require time spent at the main campus location in the Mark Goodson Building.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound exams in the outpatient setting accurately, efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains current equipment and exam competency as required
- Operates, calibrates and maintains imaging equipment and accessory instruments used in imaging procedures. Recognizes and reports defective equipment immediately and marks equipment as “out of service.”
- Performs daily tasks such as creating orders, correcting exam visit type, charging for supplies, order medication, administration documentation of medications used by physician, and Time Out documentation.
- Participates in the introduction and implementation of new procedures/protocols and in the evaluation of new imaging equipment.
- Performs weekend and begin/end of shift duties such as forwarding the phones, updating portable assignments, cleaning and stocking rooms for the next shift, and sending out shift reports.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and other team goals.
- Adheres to department productivity standards.
- Assist physicians who are performing procedures. This may include preparing the supplies needed on a sterile field, loading the biopsy device, and ensuring that the sterile field is not contaminated. This assistance may also include holding the medication container provided by the Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) to enable the LIP to withdraw medication and discard the container once it is empty.
- Ensures that sharps, contrast agents, and biohazards are secure or locked.
- Appropriately documents ultrasound scans and procedures, and patient and family education if relevant.
- Performs exams portably in MFCU and Labor and Delivery.
- Follows the high-level disinfection process for transvaginal probes and updates the HLD logbook.
- Enters charges into CS Link accurately.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program required
- ARDMS OB/GYN certification required
- NT certified (NTQR or FMF) required or willing to obtain within 6 months from start date
- Prefer Fetal Echo certified or willingness to become Fetal Echo certified
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience required in a high-risk OB ambulatory clinic or other healthcare environment (hospital inpatient unit) performing diagnostic ultrasounds and working with MFMs
Keywords: Sonographer, Ultrasound, Tech, Technician, Technologist, OB/GYN, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Healthcare, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
Working Title: Ultrasound Tech II - High Risk OB / Prenatal - 8-Hour Day Shift
Department: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Imaging
Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Base Pay:$42.83 - $68.53
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai 's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai 's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Hear From Our People
“Cedars-Sinai is an incredible place to work. Since I began working here, I have felt like I am making a difference in the care of many patients. Cedars-Sinai is at the forefront of so much new research and technology, and it is thrilling to come to work at a place where I get to challenge myself and constantly learn new things, while simultaneously working in a wonderful team environment with many other MRI technologists. I am proud to work at an organization with so many other talented individuals whose primary goal is to provide the absolute best care to our patients.”– Thomas Tetrick B.S.R.S CRT ARRT (R)(MR)(CT) MRI Technologist
“Working in the Imaging department with people that treat you like family after 25yrs of service is the best felling you can have…”– Liliana E. Gomez, Imaging Team Leader
“I love working at Cedar Sinai for many reasons. The management is great, and they always try to work toward employees and patients’ satisfaction. It’s a very well-organized hospital… [and] a challenging place, where every day is a learning day and you can grow more.”– Saeideh Hashemzadeh, MRI Technologist
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs