Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing perfection. From working with a team of best-in-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Transportation Orderly is responsible for assisting in activities related to patient care at the Cancer Center, as well as facilitating general daily activities of Center operations including errands and pickup and distribution of patient-related items (i.e. X-Rays, Medical Supplies, etc.)
- Picks up and distributes patient-related supplies for Center (i.e. lab specimens, linen, and chemotherapy disposal).
- Assists patients to and from Cancer Center appointments, as necessary. Assists patients in ambulation into, out of and around the Cancer Center as necessary.
- Picks up blood and blood products from Cancer Center’s blood bank for patient administration as directed by the nursing staff. Picks up and delivers medications to and from pharmacy to directed areas.
- Empties chemo containers and restock clinical areas as required.
- Enters transportation call data into department spreadsheet correctly and abides to department standards regarding data entry.
- Understands and applies the “Significant Adverse Events” policy when appropriate.
- Attends required orientation and training seminars and completes mandatory competencies assessments.
- Follows and demonstrates knowledge of the institution’s policies regarding fire, safety, hazard communication, waste management, disaster, security, medical equipment and infection control regulations.
- Understands and utilizes the Chain of Command policy appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Hospital patient transportation experience highly preferred.
- Full comprehension (verbal and written) of the English language.
- High school diploma or equivalent required (GED).
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Working Title: Transportation Orderly - Cancer Center - Full Time 8 Hr/Days
- Department: Cancer Center Transportation
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Transport Services
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later