Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
What will you be doing in this role?
The Telecom Operator II will answer and direct all Cedars-Sinai incoming telephone calls, and lines of business using a computer-based PBX Smart Console. In this role, the Telecom Operator II will process all telephone calls to the Medical Center's main telephone number, respond to all emergency calls and codes, providing the appropriate information to the caller. Monitor all alarms for codes and respond appropriately by coordination with Security and Clinical Staff. Support the After-Hours services and ensure department administrative telephone lines in a timely (rapid/real time), accurate, and professional manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers and supports all Cedars-Sinai incoming and outbound telephone calls, and lines of business using a computer-based PBX console.
- Processes all telephone calls for the Medical Center’s main telephone number, emergency, rapid response, and department administrative telephone lines in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Responsible for serving as a Page Operator utilizing the overhead paging system to announce medical codes, paging medical staff and communicate any and all emergency situations within the Medical Center.
- Ensures timely, rapid, and real time response for processing Operator Services department emergencies, messages, and requests.
- Provides assistance and outstanding customer service to inpatients and outpatients calling into Operator Services.
- Resolves a variety of internal and external caller requests and operational challenges. Provides current, accurate and consistently updated information to callers.
- Must be able to work a EVERY WEEKEND
Required Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED - Required
- Previous Call Center Experience - Preferred
- Must be able to communicate and listen clearly and concisely with inbound/outbound callers.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to work the Day & Evening shift
- Weekends: 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Weekdays (Wednesdays & Thursdays): 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Working Title: Telecomm Operator II - Part-Time - Days/Evenings
Department: Operator Services
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Job Specialty: Marketing
Position Type: Part-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$19.39 - $31.02
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement