Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Telecomm Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of complex voice applications that may be integrated to data systems. Participates in the development and analysis of complex technology Request For Proposals (RFPs) and vendor management. Special emphasis will be on the implementation of WANs for voice networking and associated peripherals such as Contact Centers, Interactive Voice Responses (IVR), and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications which have received appropriate approval. Scope of responsibilities includes the design, scripting, and implementation of systems and applications throughout the enterprise. Also, responsible for post-installation review of data and customer perception to ensure objectives continue to be achieved. Serves as a senior resource on all voice projects where voice and data applications are being integrated. Accountable for documentation of networked components and associated peripheral equipment. Fiscal responsibility for telecommunications capital and operating budget as it relates to upgrades within scope.
- Designs/engineers applications for integrated system solutions throughout the enterprise, built upon Nortel and Cisco platforms.
- Applications will include voice mail special designs, automated attendants, IVR Systems, Voice Recognition Units, CTI, Radio Frequency, and other voice services requiring in-depth technological and operational knowledge.
- Provides development and analysis of complex technology RFPs, including awarding contracts based upon approved Technology Architecture Guidelines.
- Provides development and implementation of performance benchmarks for vendors to ensure that service delivery is achieved in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Provides detailed engineering of changes to the voice platforms required to support all project driven outcome. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating the definition of requirements, process redesign, development of business cases, RFP preparation, vendor evaluation and selection, contract negotiations, implementation management, and support transition.
- Accountable for the recommendation, design, and implementation of voice applications that enhance the ability of departments to deliver service to their patients and staff. Accountable for developing and managing expenses within budget. Institutes proactive measures to ensure projects and expenses are within organizational requirements.
- Identifies the requirement for and the creation of technology laboratory testing environments for analysis of applications before successful deployment. Remains current in knowledge of available technology to ensure organizational and user requirements are delivered as required.
- 5 years of experience in the delivery of telecommunications or information technology services, with special emphasis on Automated Call Distribution (ACD), Automated Attendant, and RF services.
- Experience supporting the rapidly evolving wireless communication needs (in a Healthcare environment preferred).
- Strong understanding on network and traffic engineering to provision high-end applications, such as advanced Contact Centers and IVRs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- Cisco (Voice) and/or Unity certification preferred.
- Working Title: Telecomm Engineer
- Department: Voice Networks
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Telecommunications
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later