Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Telecommunications Analyst will design, develop, and manage operational/financial databases associated with Telecommunications systems. Lead comprehensive call accounting system, cable assignment system, inventory management (including cellular, wireless and beeper systems), work order, and trouble ticket systems. On a real-time basis: responsible for developing customized reports in response to requests from user groups and the development of fraud protection reports that identify possible sources of fraud and abuse. Identifies information relevant to senior management in the day to day operations of the medical center, develops customized report summaries, and assists in the creation of medical center policies. Responsible for ensuring that charge-back information is appropriately provided to departments and that costs are forecasted based upon identified trend reports. Collaborates with the Senior Telecommunications Engineers to ensure that inventory levels are maintained and that system demand is appropriately forecasted. Also responsible for identifying incremental costs and connecting with vendors to confirm that contractual commitments are delivered to the organization in the most cost-effective manner. Works closely with vendors to identify alternative sources for services that are consistent with the organization's financial goals. Responsible to procure, provision, and support corporate cellular and paging inventory/databases, and to provide end users with support (troubleshooting of these corporate devices). Reviews traffic data and make recommendations to ensure patient care is fully supported. Required to provide consultative support to senior management regarding operational needs identified through the utilization of call accounting and traffic data daily. Accountable for all documentation of the voice network and associated peripheral equipment, including, but not limited to Voice Mail, IVRs and CTI applications.
- Monitor call accounting databases to control costs, avoidance of fraud, and reduction of abuse.
- Responsible for the assignment of telephone numbers enterprise wide and the documentation of cable as it is added to the facility and utilized by the voice network Technicians.
- Responsible for updating CAD system with appropriate user information, in association with EIS and Facilities staff.
- Based upon real time data, takes proactive measures when budgets are trending unfavorably or are missed.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive inventory of all cellular, beeper, and wireless services purchased throughout the enterprise.
- Develops and supports policies regarding financial liability when equipment is reported lost, stolen, or missing.
- Facilitates resolution of issues escalated to EIS and/or Telecommunications management. Works closely with all telecommunications staff to ensure efficient system configuration are implemented to meet organizational financial and service goals.
- Ensures compliance with existing contracts as they relate to purchasing and volume discounts contracted by the health system. Responsible for recommending renewal or cancellation of contracts based upon financial and service compliance.
- Required to remain current in knowledge of available technology to insure organizational and user requirements are delivered as required.
- Ensures that all work is appropriately documented and backed-up should a system failure occur. Maintains a flexible workflow that supports emergent needs within the medical center.
3+ years of experience in the delivery of information technology services, with a focus on telecommunications systems.
5+ years in information technology and/or telecommunications, with special focus on system programming, financial systems, and documentation of databases for special applications.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or Equivalency in experience/education/certifications.
Cisco certification(s) preferred. (Voice platform highly preferred)
- Working Title: Telecom Analyst
- Department: Voice Networks
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Telecommunications
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later